Thread Listing Problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Listing Problems?

For the second time in the past few weeks I've been unable to find a thread by scanning down the list of threads in the Civ III General forum -- it seems to have just disappeared. Now, when I do a search, the thread shows up, it doesn't appear to be closed (and isn't moved) but when I agina try to find the thread manually, it doesn't appear in the forum thread list.

My current specific example (obiviously subject to change with new threads / posts) is that I was looking for a thread about "using a GL on the FP" started by Artifex. My post was the most recent post, timestamped at +/- 21:00 PST on 24/08/02. My forum viewing preferences are: show X number of threads per page (30?), using tiome of last post in descending order. The very last thread on my "Page 1" of Civ III General is HappySunshine's "I can't believe this" thread, the last post time-stamped at 06:27 PST on 25/08/02; the top-most thread on my "Page 2" of the Civ III - General Discussion forum is "What does Infantry Represent" the last post of which is time-stamped 16:07 on 24/08/02 -- in other words, a spread of 14 or so hours between identified posts. The missing thread I was looking for falls inbetween (by last post time) the end of Page 1 and the beginning of Page 2.

Have I inadvertantly done something silly with my view preferences or is there a small black hole between Pages 1 and 2 when manually clicking page choices? Is there a bermuda triangle for threads that lies, ever sinister, between Pages of the forums?

Catt

IIRC it happens whenever there is a topped thread.

For every topped thread another gap in the void between pages is created.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
      IIRC it happens whenever there is a topped thread.

For every topped thread another gap in the void between pages is created.
      Thanks - that must be it. There is a topped thread on my page 2.

I think I'll still refer to it as the "Thread View Bermuda Traingle" - sounds better than a logical explanation .

Comment

Working...
      X