X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about 2 threads/day

The FAQ says:
    2) You can only start 2 threads per day

How is that defined? Calendar day? What time zone? 24 hours since first of the two threads?

Yes, I could search for the answer...but it should be in the FAQ.

What does it matter? Though I wish red_jon's most recent thread wasn't closed (I was just about to post in it) but there are already too many spamish threads in the OT forum.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Why close the one actual useful, interesting thread in the OT? There were 3 threads he started, why not get rid of one of the other two?

Unless he keeps it going in Your Political Views.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Who am I to judge which is the most usefull (actually, if I did, somebody would argue the point)

So I just close the last one started. It's simple, easy, and there can be no argument on the validity of one thread vs another.

I usually view it as a 24 hour window. I've had people say that "I started one of those yesterday local time", and as long as it isn't a repeat offender, I let it slide.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Fair enough. And as he has continued the graphing in the thread I linked to above, I'm happy.
          Which is clearly what is important here.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I wonder why the rule can't be enforced automaticly....
            If you can prohibit that users post 2 times within 30 seconds, why is it impossible to prohibit them to post 3 times within 24 hours.......

that would take away all the complains about 'just the one and only interesting thread has been closed' because the thread never was there......!
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
              I usually view it as a 24 hour window. I've had people say that "I started one of those yesterday local time", and as long as it isn't a repeat offender, I let it slide.
              Thanks, Ming.

If this is the same for the rest of the OT mods, could someone put that in the FAQ?

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                If you can prohibit that users post 2 times within 30 seconds, why is it impossible to prohibit them to post 3 times within 24 hours.......

that would take away all the complains about 'just the one and only interesting thread has been closed' because the thread never was there......!
                Not to mention save the mods a bit of work...
                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

While MarkG or DanQ are the best people to answer that question...

It was automatic with the old software. I think they had added a hack to do it. To the best of my knowledge, it is not a standard feature of the new forum software being used.

*I asked the same thing, because it would make our lives easier*
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

seems like I'm not the only who whoms questions now and than are ignored
                    have to admit markos is doing a good answering job lately though.

Comment

seems like I'm not the only who whoms questions now and than are ignored
                      have to admit markos is doing a good answering job lately though.
                      Nahhh... MarkG answered my question. I "think" his response was that it wasn't a standard feature... but that was a ways back, and my memory sometimes is a little fuzzy
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

and my memory sometimes is a little fuzzy

we know it is Ming, we know it is.

(that's why you still have so much credit even after all those big mistakes you made )

Comment

Nah, we give him credit because he is fair. We may not like all his decisions, but never-the-less they are generally fair.

Comment

Down with forum Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
                              Down with forum Nazis.
                              I don't know where you are coming from but calling somebody a Nzi is about the worst form of insulting somebody! So if you do not like the mods or owners of this site I suggest you abstain and move on to some other site that may be suitable to your taste!

So long...
                              Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                              Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                              Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Working...
                              X