post-posting quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post-posting quotes

is it just me, or do we seem to have an inordinate amount of star trek quotes that pop up after we make any sort of post?

don't get me wrong, i kinda like star trek, but i just seem to notice maybe about half of them are credited to st... any reason?
    B♭3

Yes. It's geek central. The one comforting fact about trekkies is that although they're highly vocal and intrusive as hell, their chances of reproducing are slim.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Reason was that the quote thing that Markos uses was populated with ST quotes at the start. He has only added new quote, he never deleted the preinstalled ones.
      About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

We could balance it out with SMAC quotes...

Seriously, I've seen a quadrillion of Star Trek quotes but hardly a SMAC one. What's keeping them out?
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

you know, how about we make a quote-listing drive here? give markos a buncha new quotes to use, not from st?

hmm...
          B♭3

Comment

Already did that with AC. Had a touch of B5 there too.
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Maybe we need another SMAC quote drive.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                We could balance it out with SMAC quotes...

Seriously, I've seen a quadrillion of Star Trek quotes but hardly a SMAC one. What's keeping them out?
                perhaps it's because you posted every voiceover in the game.

there are 2 though. the Morgan Gravatonics one, and "please don't go, the drones need you..."

i added a few separately, but most of the others are too long to put on the reply screen. perhaps putting the "god does not play dice" on the same screen with yang's "einstein would turn over in his grave..."

Comment

Too long?!?

Some of the quotes already in are a full page.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

yang's quote is all right, but smacks of being unoriginal, as stephen hawking's said some stuff to the like. before smac.

but couldn't we add things that aren't just smac? like, say, from great works of literature or film?
                    B♭3

Comment

people have been posting things of many topics

Comment

I think that part of the problem is that folks aren't paying attention to the posting instructions -- I'm seeing lots of good quotes nested in [quote] instead of [code], ended without %, being lumped together under a single [code] nest, and combinations of all of the above.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Just ot this oe:
                          Here is something to think about while you wait:
                          Whip it, whip it good!

Which Star Trek episode was that from, again?
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

being lumped together under a single [code] nest,
                            Ack! And NOW you tell me! Nobody mentioned this.

Comment

Working...
                            X