Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alright, why the help am I suddenly getting popups?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright, why the help am I suddenly getting popups?!

I don't see any notices that Markos has altered the Default-Special style.

I WANT ANSWERS!
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

AFAIK pop-ups aren't anything anything new in the standard outlook. Did you surf on other websites simultaneously in (a) different window/s?
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I'm getting a buttload of popups lately.

Is it because I'm using lite-special?

Comment

Special style means you get 1 banner ad at the top and some amount of popups, i believe. But it's every 12 hours or so.

Comment

I get mine every hour or so. I have 4 pop ups in my task bar right now.

Comment

Some popups open other popups, which then go on to reproduce and multiply.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

When you go to the other website sections, you get a pop-up.

I hardly get any pop-ups. Keep it that was please
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

“Alright, why the help am I suddenly getting popups?!”

Because Razors are expensive in Greece.
                Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

It just happened again. I tried to load a page, and got a pop-up. Paying a little more attention this time, I notice that suddenly I'm not in the format I chose in my options. In fact, when I tried to go to my control panel it said I wasn't registered! Nothing happened to my cookie.

I started getting "no answer" errors. I cut my connection and reconnected; now it finds sites but still acts as if I'm unregistered at Apolyton. Restart browser, now all is well. But why?
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

It also appears that the "Free shipping on the Apolyton Store!" banner triggers a pop-up. Bad enough that outside source banners do that, but no Apolyton banner should be so uncouth.

Comment

It also appears that the "Free shipping on the Apolyton Store!" banner triggers a pop-up
                      that is definately not happening
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

No offense, dood. It was happening almost every time that banner came up (I can't say unequivocally every time), and seldom with others.

Now there are two annoying new banners ("Hit the target," flashing "Winner") which gave me popunders the first time they came up. They have this in a grey box at the bottom: if (parseFloat(navigator.appVersion) == 0) { document.write(''); } //-->

Comment

two annoying new banners ("Hit the target," flashing "Winner")
                          you are talking about 468x60 banners?

what version of ie do you have?

Comment

also, are you sure you dont have any spyware on your system?

check out http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Comment

There's two good solutions.

1. Mozilla, when the "Open unrequested windows" box is unticked.

Mozilla is the not-for-profit behind the lightning fast Firefox browser. We put people over profit to give everyone more power online.

2. PopUp Killer or any other good pop-up filtering software.

Download PopUp Killer for free. PopUp Killer is the original and most powerful popups destroying machine ever created. With PopUp Killer you will be able to browse the web without being molested by those annoying ads that popup when you visit some web sites.
                              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Working...
                              X