Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could we have the Iroquois league flag available for our profile?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

of course, Markos is going to make just one animated flag for one person next we'll have the pals and israelis screaming foul and then everyone from Tonga and afghanistan will demand animated flags. Imagine what that would do to the server

Comment

here's an iroquis flag that is small enough to be used.

(i was bored, so i went and helped out markos )
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the help, it needs some perfecting though .... but almost there!
        A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
        Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

The Iroquois league is still very much alive today, with their own government, within the borders of Canada and the USA.
          Thats BS. The Iroquois are part of AMERICA. They are AMERICANS, not AMERINDS, What do you think they are SEPRATIST REBELS!

If you get a Iroquois Flag, I want the SPQR roman flag mentioned earlier or a Nazi Flag. :bleh: They are JUST as DESERVING if a DEAD nation gets a flag.

yes, let's have flags for "countries" that aren't really countries.

FAQ (because I know you'll ask these questions)
          Neither does the UN Or does it?
          It is a conglomerate of nations.
          Thus, flags such as NATO should also be acceptable.

What about Palestine?
          Doesn't deserve a flag... Yet... Perhaps when it manages to coexist with israel or take it over.

-
          It tis' disgusting to have flags for nonexistant nations unless you have EQUALITY among flags. And that really is a lot of work to expect from moderators.

Equality among flags-

Give us an Anarchist Flag, the Soviet Union, Nazi Germany, Ancient Rome, etc.
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

The US and Canada have only limited jurisdiction over the Iroquois, even if crimes are involved (if they occur on Iroquois territory).
            But they have JURISDICTION.

The fact that they get to "govern themselves LIMITEDLY" doesn't mean that they are a separate nation.

If anyone can step in LEGALLY by that other nations full constitution, then how does that make them a nation.

(Note: This statement includes Afghanistan [currently] and Cuba [after the Span-American war] where the US could and can step in and do what they want... but mroe notably The Phillipines [after span-amer war]

They weren't independent nations. They were protectorates... much like colonies.

At BEST the Iroquois league is being treated like a Colony.

(Personally however, i think they should have No govt. but that is irrelevant to this discussion)
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Anyway, if the Iroquois get their flag, I demand the red flag. I assume at least KX and Tass would also use it.

Give us the red flag!
              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

And the missing flag...
                Attached Files
                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Why is everyone adding fuel to the fire? It seems from Markos post that he wasn't going to add it unless she gave him a flag to use and stated why it was necessary. The first is sort of done, while the second has not been demonstrated and never will be.

Close this fight over nothing.
                  About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

DarkCloud: Why is there an Aboriginal flag then?
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

How about a pine tree flag Mark?

Or maybe the "Don't tread on me" snake flag, both would be cool.

I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                        The Iroquois are part of AMERICA. They are AMERICANS
                        On the Canadian side of the border people will be rather surprised by this outrageous claim.

, not AMERINDS,
                        Huh? Amerind stands for ethnic background, not nationality.

What do you think they are SEPRATIST REBELS!
                        They don't need to be separatists (like the Quebecois) or rebels, because they already are separate. That said, there are a great many lawsuits going on about property rights and the like. That is where the fighting takes place nowadays.

In some ways the position of the League is comparable to that of the Palestines, but the difference is that the League has always been autonomous (since 1451) whereas the Palestines only recently gained that title.

If anyone can step in LEGALLY by that other nations full constitution, then how does that make them a nation.
                        If that would be the criterion, then there are no sovereign nations on Earth.

There are many occasions that other nations can and do legally step into USA affairs, too, you know.
                        Last edited by Ribannah; August 24, 2002, 10:22.
                        A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...

Comment

Touche' Ribannah!
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

DarkCloud: Why is there an Aboriginal flag then?
                            Well then, there shouldn't be

How about a pine tree flag Mark?

Or maybe the "Don't tread on me" snake flag, both would be cool.
                            I agree with Chris, if you let the Iroquois flag and other non-nation flags, you should allow 'other' flags in, which would then defeat the idea of using the flags for someone's true nationality or location.

However, if you start allowing 'friviolous' flags such as the Iroquois league, then by all means, other 'frivolous flags' should be allowed.
                            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

If that would be the criterion, then there are no sovereign nations on Earth.

There are many occasions that other nations can and do legally step into USA affairs, too, you know.
                              I said written INTO their constitution allowing a specific country to step into them. I thought I made that clear.

And, for the fact that they can vote in USA elections and, (i am assuming Canadian) makes them CITIZENS of the USA.

In some ways the position of the League is comparable to that of the Palestines, but the difference is that the League has always been autonomous (since 1451) whereas the Palestines only recently gained that title.
                              The league ceased to be autonomous when the evil americans conquered them and subjugated them then assimilated them.

Huh? Amerind stands for ethnic background, not nationality
                              I was speaking about all groups because many have 'self governing tribal govts' I wished to be all-inclusive in my post.

-
                              Thus, my argument still stands pristine. The Iroquois is NOT a SOVERIGN NATION. And, I think the added information about how they can VOTE in the USA proves that they are citizens of at least that nation, and I assume that in canada, they can vote for canadian officials- thus making them members of Canada.
                              -->Visit CGN!

Comment

I said written INTO their constitution allowing a specific country to step into them. I thought I made that clear.
                                Er, no, sorry, nothing in the League's constitution says anything like that.

And, for the fact that they can vote in USA elections and, (i am assuming Canadian) makes them CITIZENS of the USA.
                                By the same reasoning, they are citizens of the League, since they get to vote in their own elections as well.
                                Or, since I get to vote in the European elections, and that makes me a citizen of Europe, you want the flags of all the member states of the EU removed?

The league ceased to be autonomous when the evil americans conquered them and subjugated them then assimilated them.
                                If that had happened, sure, but the League was never conquered or subjugated.
                                Further, the Americans were assimilated more into the Iroquois ways than the other way around, so let's just dump the flag of the USA instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X