Quote whiplash!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote whiplash!!

I think it's a nice feature to add quotes during the delay after you submit your post, but could they possibly stay on the screen longer?

I'm getting whiplash trying to read them before they pass on the screen!

And the pause button doesn't seem to be working either.

You can press back to see it agan most of the time.
    Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
    in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
    3D Unit tutorial
    My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

You have to press the pause button really quickly. Maybe you could add a small thingy in your control panel that let's you decide if the quotes should just swoosh by or stay at the screen until you press forward?

Mark, you seem to be on a winning-streak...
      Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

-Homer Simpson

Comment

Sure, get a 14.4k modem

Hey Marc, it looks like you should put some ads next to these quotes, this could mean big bucks
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Big bucks? Hmmm... And what should be adverted there? More kittens?
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

yeah, more kittens
            we're almost out of fresh kittens to kill everytime you don't buy anything!
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I'm very concerned at what happens to all those kitten carcasses. MarkG, I hope Apolyton has an environmentally sensitive policy regardding their disposal.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I have plenty of time to read the quotes. On my dial-up. From hell.[/bitter]
                Talent Optional

Comment

Originally posted by CapitanGarlic
                  I have plenty of time to read the quotes. On my dial-up. From hell.[/bitter]
                  The shorter ones I can read, but I've got a superfast internet connection, so the longer ones are anyone's guess. there was one that was a quote from Churchill, it was a paragraph long and I only got two lines -- what tease!

Comment

On 56k I can usually read what I want.
                    On T1, I can't read the long ones.

The short lag before the click is too late is frustrating -- almost like an arcade game. When I'm too late, I get doubly frustrated, so I don't even try anymore.

Come to think of it, I've never gotten that feature to work.
                    MarkG -- This should really be a Prefernces/Profile option!!
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Pavlov
                      Maybe you could add a small thingy in your control panel that let's you decide if the quotes should just swoosh by or stay at the screen until you press forward?

Mark, you seem to be on a winning-streak...
                      MarkG -- This should really be a Prefernces/Profile option!!
                      *cough* That's two people, Marky. I would like to read those one-page quotes too!
                      Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

-Homer Simpson

Comment

Working...
                      X