Forum searches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum searches

Searches of the forums are not working. Either I get a database error or no results where I know that I should get at least 1 hit.
    "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
    --

an example?
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

He is probably referring to searches either below 4 characters, or searches (of any length) that use the wildcard character *.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I've been having problems with "By User Name" searches, which I use to help me remember where I've posted; they also require me to put in a keyword of at least four letters -- if I could remember enough of what I posted to do that, I wouldn't need the search in the first place!
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Example

search by keyword: scenario
          search forum: HS-scenario league
          search titles only
          6 months old and newer
          order by last posting date ascending order.

This search produces this message

Warning: MySQL: Unable to save result set in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 116

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
          Yesterday, today
          It seems that this particular combination of parameters causes the error.
          "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
          --

Comment

worked for me
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Maybe if hou were the Gothmog (Lord of Balrogs), instead of Gothmog Lite (Lieutenant of Minas Morgal) the search feature would work better for you.
              Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
              Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I don't think the problem is being Gothmog Jr. I think the problem is the proxy server I run in my browser. When I turned off the proxy, the query as described, ran. I hadn't suspected that because other searches I ran with it on worked.
                --

Comment

Working...
                X