Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the autocensor only censor silly words out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Edrix's proposal. Let everyone have their own list of words to auto-censor in their profile. (Could this be implemented?)
    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

It's a good idea, but wouldn't it suck up a lot of serverspace? (If it was possible)
      Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

-Homer Simpson

Comment

But then you would have to type the words you don't want to see.
        Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
        in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
        3D Unit tutorial
        My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

Doh! Maybe Mark could come home to you and write the words on your computer while you read Winnie the Pooh.
          Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

-Homer Simpson

Comment

I thought that Freedom of Expression is a basic human right!? Now we start talking about censoring this and that?! I think that if Markos and the other owners wanted other words censored, they would've done it already!

Believe me if somebody is vulgar, appropriate action will be taken from Ming, Dan or Marko!

Other than that I presume we are all mature adults here and hopefully can restrain form writing something insulting or being vulgar

Trip, I am a Greek from Greece born in Germany raised in Greece, Germany and the US! So you've finally taken up that idea on the Pacific theater, great I can't wait!

So long...
            Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
            Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
            Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Originally posted by The Pioneer
              I thought that Freedom of Expression is a basic human right!?
              Nope, check the FAQ. They can censor what they like, it just seems silly to enact censorship-on-demand.

Other than that I presume we are all mature adults here and hopefully can restrain form writing something insulting or being vulgar
              Good one.
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Let everyone have their own list of words to auto-censor in their profile. (Could this be implemented?)

I am guessing that currently the censoring is done once at post-time and not every time the post is displayed, so I don't think that's realistic.
                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Maybe you could keep a list of words you don't like next to your comp. When you see a word you dislike you cover it with your thumb and everyone's happy!

(I refuse to let this discussion to go serious)

-Homer Simpson

Comment

hell, damn, and ass are what I consider 'lite' swear words. I wouldn't use them around the elderly or a busload of nuns, but most people don't mind them.
                    Talent Optional

Comment

I don't think it has ever been serious. Cybershy was just trolling. I pity the fool who uses "Jesus Effing Christ" or "Tabernac" as a swearword.
                      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pavlov
                        Maybe you could keep a list of words you don't like next to your comp. When you see a word you dislike you cover it with your thumb and everyone's happy!

(I refuse to let this discussion to go serious)
                        Yeahh or you cover it with a piece of paper and write something else over this bad bad word.
                        Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

I always thought liquid-paper on the screen would work fine.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

From what I hear, that correction fluid stuff works pretty well too.

Comment

I just realized:

Jesus H Christ

I didn't know this guy had three names? What is this H stand for? I think this might be the American version where everybody tend to have three names.
                              Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

H stands for holy

-Homer Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X