Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Pop-up Ad Windows?!

Markos, et al.:

When I arrive at 'Poly, I get the usual big pop-up ad (currently, something about being the 10,000,000th visitor to a certain Web site). No problem there ... that's the style I've selected. But lately I've noticed that a *second* and *much smaller* "spy" pop-up ad shows up, usually next to or behind the main ad. What's up with this? Am I the only one to experience this?

Gatekeeper
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

I've had that a few times myself. I think my firewall blocks it though, as it never fully loads.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Right. It is a bit queer.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Yep, two windows definitely pop up, but I'm not bothered, since the popup-killer handles those problems.

Comment

a miniwindow usually pops up when I dl something off the site. no big hassle but a bit strange.
          Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

-Homer Simpson

Comment

yep indeed: is it this one?I just went to properties an copy/paste it's url (i 'm not a computer buff, so I hope it help )

http://adj40.thruport.com/servlet/aj...ol=604&type=94
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Well, good, I'm not alone in experiencing something peculiar for once.

Gatekeeper
              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

Comment

i will disagree with the characterization of "spy", as all i get is a blank window

it's not our doing, we didnt change anything in our codes

we will most probably be using a new popup service soon anyway...
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

You've got a problem Gatekeeper, I'd reformat your hard drive if I were you, just to be safe
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I hate popups, which is why I use Opera rather than IE or netscape. Opera has a quick and easy option listed in the file menu for disabling popups. One click. . . no more popups.
                    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Welcome to being another of Markos's 'milchcows'. He must make millions in revenue off us all
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Kc7mxo,

the wonders of Mozilla also include a such feature. And it's totally free compared to Opera that has those annoying built-in ads, except if you have a licensed version.
                        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

PH:

Uh-huh. Right. Reformat my HD, eh? Is that your answer to all computer problems.

Markos:

Well, OK. It's not, technically, a spy window. It's a blank sneaky window. There, is that better? **L**

Gatekeeper

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
                            PH:

Uh-huh. Right. Reformat my HD, eh? Is that your answer to all computer problems.

Gatekeeper
                            Hmmm, okay. Are you sure your computer is on?
                            Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

-Homer Simpson

Comment

Working...
                            X