It burns!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It burns!

Okay. In the past week, the server has been giving me hell. 'too busy' almost constantly...anyone else having this problem?
    Talent Optional

Its performance seems to vary quite a bit. I'll get frustrated with it and leave off for a few hours, and when I come back it runs smoothly.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Yep, I keep getting 'too busy' as well! I just end up sitting there thinking nice thoughts for a couple of minutes before trying to connect again.

Comment

Same here......
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

yep, here too
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Yes, although it has been fine this evening...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yeap, here too. Doesn't matter what time of the day.
              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

It's been working just fine for me...
                "The self is a relation that relates itself to itself, or is the relation's relating itself to itself in the relation; the self is not the relation but is the relation relating itself to itself." -Kierkegaard, at one of his less lucid moments

Tremolando shows rage! Sforzando shows excitement! C Minor means gravity!–D Minor means terror!...Round and round like donkeys at a grindstone! -Amadeus

Comment

What times are you logging on?

I havent had problems around 830 AM EST or 9-1130 PM EST.
                  About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

i haven't had a problem for about a week now

i'm on around 5:00EST and a couple of hours after that

Comment

SETTLER is acting up, news at 11.

The performance of the server is inversely proportional to the number of users. The greatest number of users are present when it is from morning to early evening in the US.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Right, I know.

but I've been having problems when there is less than 200 (total) users online.
                        Talent Optional

Comment

It is working just fine for the Upper Class. I have had no memerable speed or function problems here since the move to the new server. I suppose it could just be a matter of timing. Also course I tend to browse with 2 or 3 site open, flipping to them aternately after I enter sothing on the prior site, since none of the ones I use match broadband speed at my end.
                          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                          Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I'm usually logged on at times between 9PM EST and 6AM EST or between 3PM and 6PM.
                            "The self is a relation that relates itself to itself, or is the relation's relating itself to itself in the relation; the self is not the relation but is the relation relating itself to itself." -Kierkegaard, at one of his less lucid moments

Tremolando shows rage! Sforzando shows excitement! C Minor means gravity!–D Minor means terror!...Round and round like donkeys at a grindstone! -Amadeus

Comment

we have been having short time high loads even without many users(many=over 400).
                              it might have to do with searches using the * character, which have been disabled for the last 36 hours with success....

we'll probably need a recreation of our search index sometime next week...
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                              X