It's Happening Again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Happening Again....

'Poly is breaking apart! I'm getting errors, "maximum users", "database errors'.....when will the horror stop, markos?
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

"Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 180

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php:180) in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/forums/admin/functions.php on line 1558"

Uh-oh. This can't be good.
    Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

-Homer Simpson

Comment

And my other forum of prefence is doing it too. How can this be!
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Well, but it seems working fine now. Some minutes ago, I also had problems reaching the site...but not now
        Blah

Comment

It almost seems to be a certain point in the morning (well, morning for me) that it occurs, and then goes away within five minutes.

I remember getting an e-mail from somebody I was moderating a game for who got worried because he wasn't able to follow the normal link and find out what I said in the thread.

Half hour later, it worked.

What I am curious about, though, is what actually causes it. Is there just a certain time of day (morning for this American) that everybody just decides to check their 'poly messages?
          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Its working fine for me, as well as for other posters of privilage and birthright.
            Last edited by Lefty Scaevola; August 12, 2002, 15:50.
            Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
            Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
            "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
            From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

C'est la vie.

If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

It seems to happen around 14:00 GMT, methinks... It's quite regular.
                The strange thing is it will happen even if there are only 300 users... but sometimes It won't hapen if there are 400... which is strange?

I don't see how the load can differ at different times unless there's something such as at different times more opsters view in multiple windows.
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Its been affecting me on and off all day, and its getting quite annoying to be honest.

Ho hum. The price of visiting the best site on the net.
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I had some trouble getting on, but it seems to have cleared up.

Comment

I'm glad the site gives errors every so often. Means I actually do some studying while waiting for it to come back up..
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
                        I'm glad the site gives errors every so often. Means I actually do some studying while waiting for it to come back up..
                        However, if your entire life now revolves around 'Poly, then it going down effectively (although temporarily) kills you.
                        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Poly is not my life, it is that which keeps me from my life.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                            It seems to happen around 14:00 GMT, methinks... It's quite regular.
                            That'll be 09:00 East-Coast-USA time, then.

Those damn yanks checking 'poly when they get to work are lagging it out for the rest of us!!
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

That'd be right! Bastards
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                              X