No announcement yet.

"The Column"- what do you like to read?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Column"- what do you like to read?

Assuming that you read "The Column", what sort of articles do you enjoy?

What sort of columns would you like to see in the future?
    Interviews with games designers/Civ people.
    13.11%
    Techie insights into scenarios/mads etc.
    18.03%
    Opinions/criticism of games
    21.31%
    Strategy hints and tips
    9.84%
    Humour
    22.95%
    Wish lists for future games
    9.84%
    Other
    4.92%
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

More stuff by you.....
    (+1)

Comment

Had to vote "Other", as I enjoy most reading my own articles.

Okay, perhaps not. All sensible The Column articles are interesting, as I do want to read ones related to a broad selection of subjects, and not just very similar ones.
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

My favorites got to be one with opinions on games, and criticism. It's so rare to see constructive ciriticism...
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

humor and hot babes
          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
          Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Odd that only one other person out there likes to read game developer comments or interviews.
            About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Opinions of games, IF they are honest, and not white washes.
              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

I like humour (hint, hint), decent juicy interviews are good, especially when coming up to a civ title. My favourite (call me shallow if you will) are just nice pretty pictures

And my Laz, you're really after Emperor title aren't you
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

You're shallow, PH!

Humour is always good, people involved with the game and opinions on the game are also usually interesting. And nice pics are like icing on the cake.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                    I like humour (hint, hint), decent juicy interviews are good, especially when coming up to a civ title. My favourite (call me shallow if you will) are just nice pretty pictures

And my Laz, you're really after Emperor title aren't you
                    Given my average rate of posting On-topic I expect to get that title in early 2008.
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Insights into mads are always revealing.

Please god no more disections of Civ3, or wishlists for Civ4.
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Insights into the creation of a scenario. Every month I scen will be presented (deep inside what happened during the creation work, the most important phases, an overall view of the scen with rating of art, sounds, playability,...) and finally a detailed folder with some hints to win the scen with all playable civs. Well that would be something new and I would appreciate it if I see it. I might even volunteer to write such articles if people are interested (yup a little hint).

Comment

Sort of like a tutorial?

If you made the advice generic it might be great for a tutorial to teach people how to edit games.

Otherwise, that sounds more like a scenario or product review. Which is good, but I don't think the Column is interested in those sort of things.
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                          X