Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton immigration poll- where did you come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton immigration poll- where did you come from?

A spot of historical digging here. I'm interested to here what your "Civ home" was before you came to Apolyton.

'Poly has always seen waves of refugees coming in when other forums become defunct, and it would be worth hearing where the majority came from. I'm guessing that this site's ancestors may have the majority, but there could be a dark horse out there.

Go for it. Personall speaking, I was an alpha.owo refugee.
    Addicted to Civ
    6.38%
    The Greek Civilisation site (MarkG's)
    6.38%
    The Ultimate Civilisation site (DanQ's)
    8.51%
    Firaxis forums
    8.51%
    Alpha.owo
    17.02%
    Sidgames
    6.38%
    ACOL
    2.13%
    Civilisation Fanatics
    8.51%
    Other
    36.17%
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Wasn´t the alpha.owo and Firaxis forum the same thing?

And I´m a alpha.owo refugee as well... If you can call me refugee for staying away from the 'scene' for almost three years
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

What about those of us who weren't on any other site before this?
      PHOENIXCAGER
      The Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

You´re freaks
        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Another person from Alpha.owo.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I'm not really a SMAC refugee...I made a couple of posts at Delphi, but Apolyton has been my de facto home for as long as I've played SMAC.
            Before I discovered SMAC, though, I used to play Total Annihilation and Worms (various incarnations, usually 2 and Armageddon). For TA I hung around the original Cavedog boards as well as Annihilated and TAUniverse, and for Worms, the W2W message board and the Allotment. Neither of them, however, have taken me away from RL for anything like as long as Apolyton. The only site I spend more time on is fanfiction.net.

So this is the 'where did you come from' thread? Is there going to be a 'where are you going' thread?
            "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Yes, and the sole option will be "to hell in a bucket".
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

This was my first civilization related site where I actually posted in the forums.

I was directed here by Activision four years ago.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Sidgames.
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Nowhere. I'm a genuine Apolytoner.
                    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Idem Eli

Comment

I came from the Ultimate site. (sorry Markos, you're welcome Daniel)
                        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Sorry, but I'm a genuine and authentic Apolytoner.
                          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Infogrames.

Comment

From Firaxis and Alpha.owo forums. Posted there in the early stages of their games. Posted excusively at Firaxis' after a time because their Alpha forums got to hard to follow with the amount of threads started every single day. Moved over here soon after the announcement of Civ III and posted in the Ideas/Suggestions thread until game's release at which time I bought the game and found it disappointing. Now, I await RoN.
                              About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
                              X