Faces of Apolyton #11: DarkCloud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faces of Apolyton #11: DarkCloud

The eleventh edition of the "Faces of Apolyton" interview series, spearheaded by Apolyton staff member and interviewer Solver, is here. This time around, a conversation with Apolyton's List Manager, DarkCloud, known for compiling many a list about Civ games and Apolytoners themselves.

Comments etc. are welcome in this thread.

--------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Well, I'm touched. Good things were said about me. Who am I kidding, when am I gonna get one?! Damn you all to Hell!!

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

In reference to page 3......
      Maybe the chat server was having some problems. It doesn't look quite like I remember that conversation.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Apocalypse - or maybe your memory server is having problems .
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

another interesting interview
            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

plays Imperial March for the Emperor
              My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Writing your own interview is a great concept, but I'm afraid I might still take offence at the questions and punch the interviewer.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

OK Bugs punch me...

Comment

Ah, Solver, dan, other people asked those questions

I didn't ask myself ANY of the questions (I'm not that conceited )

Let's see if I can get the full "list" of askees

-

Thanks for reading the interview

-*EDIT*
                    Okay, here's a partial list:

( I knew I should have included the askees in my email )

-
                    "You are well-known for your staggering collections of lists and statistics regarding Apolyton. What would you say you have learned or gained from this?"- Ron Jeremy

"What particular list would you personally like to find yourself at number 1 in?"- Ron Jeremy

"Would you agree that what the internet most needs is a 5-year moratorium on all names starting with "Dark"? There's millions of you buggers."- Ron Jeremy

etc.

They're all from this thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=50544
                    Last edited by DarkCloud; August 10, 2002, 14:41.
                    -->Visit CGN!
                    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Wow, DC making a list of his interview! LOL!

I thought you asked a few yourself too....

Comment

Only The Closing remarks

Solver- you know it looks strange that I allegedly conducted a monologue interview

I'm just posting this list before someone flames me for being a 'conceited idiot' and asking myself all the questions Anyways, I learned this from the Apolyton 100, give credit where credit is due

-
                        Here's some more:

Shadowstrike asked-
                        "How did you get started in compiling massive lists of information?

How do you manage to complete these massive lists without going insane or getting bored half-way through?

Could you give us a quick list of the lists you've done so far?

What's the wierdest thing that you've discovered in your archiving career? "

MrWhereItsAt-

"Wher can one find your best lists (I haven't seen any yet, and I've been here since December )?

Do you have any works in progress that may take forever?

Do lists impinge on your non-'Poly life much?

And standard things like top 'Poly moments, threads, how many DLs you have... "

Cold Wizard--->

"which internet forum do you spend the most time at? (cgn, poly, etc.)

what hobbies do you enjoy (besides list creation)?

which of your lists is your favorite and why"
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

i knew some of those questions sounded familiar
                          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I noticed my question wasn't answered.
                            PHOENIXCAGER
                            The Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

DC: if I was a girl, I'd sure be a much more "prominent" and well-known poster!

Very interesting interview, good work!
                              "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
                              - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Working...
                              X