This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pherhaps the icons is still red,
    but you can see that you're the last person who replied, thus it's easy to understand that there won't be much new stuff in the thread.

Markos: how do you store which user has seen which threads? Do you store it in the threads itself, or in the user profile?

If you store it in the thread itself (a list with names that resets to blank after a new reply) you could put the name of the last poster by default in that list, so it will appear 'read' to the last poster anyway.

That's how I deal with it on my forum.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

it's session based, so it's a different table storing the session info
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Btw

Originally posted by CyberShy
        Pherhaps the icons is still red,
        It's perhaps
        I only did one thing wrong today ... I got out of bed
        "Damnit, is it possible to spell medievel right?" -SilverDragon

herr_ren@gmx.net

Comment

Sorry Markos, I don't read all the threads in all the forums I visit. How am I suppose to know you have answered the same thing in another thread when the bug apparently hasn't been fixed?
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Exactly! How are we supposed to know?
            "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
            Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
            Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
            Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Is there a shortcut for this new button? I'm used to hitting Ctrl-S to post, is there an equivalent?
              The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
              Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
              All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
              "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Now that would be handy Chowlett.
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Alt-B is its shortcut.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

You beauty.
                    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

It's perhaps

really? I've written it wrong for years
                      thanks for changing my life
                      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I only did one thing wrong today ... I got out of bed
                        "Damnit, is it possible to spell medievel right?" -SilverDragon

herr_ren@gmx.net

Comment

Working...
                        X