Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does MarkG need a new watch for his birthday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does MarkG need a new watch for his birthday?

I'm now using this ultra-special style view from the beginning (anything to help Apolyton )

So arn't you suppossed to get a pop-up every 6 hours?
    Well, i'm getting one every time i click on anything.
    new thread, different forum, new post, next page,...

I really don't mind one every now and then , but not every 2 seconds

MarkG??? is this normal ??

Or am i doing something wrong here???
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

It must be you; I've got an ultra-special style and get one every 6 hours.

Comment

so what can I do to fix it??
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Originally posted by alva848
        so what can I do to fix it??
        All I can suggest is that you go into your control panel... choose edit options... and the update without changing anything. That works for me
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I had the same thing for some time, too. In most cases, what Ming said will help you, if not, that's an issue with cookies in yuor browser.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

try closing your browser and re-opening it
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
              try closing your browser and re-opening it
              Do you work on a help-desk?
              "Shut down your computer, and restart it"
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy

Well, if you use Microsoft applications this IS the way to do it...
                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Microsoft products crash your system, making it impossible to shut down properly. On reboot the MS OS system complains that you didn't shut down properly.

I always find that amusing.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I changed me 'style'
                    but that seems to help

@Ming: I don't really understand what you typed.

All I can suggest is that you go into your control panel... choose edit options... and the update without changing anything. That works for me
                    Do you mean sort of a refresh, a kind of reboot on ultra-special. I.E. choose the same style??

Comment

Dolphin, yes I think it´s some kind of perverted humour on Bill´s part

Comment

Don't complain, Markos is getting his moneysworth out of you
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yes, it´s a small price to pay if we keep Markos happy

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                            One of the first questions they ask you when you call those places with a computer problem is whether your computer is plugged in. One of my friends worked at a computer help desk over a summer one year and he told me that fifty percent of problems were simply solved with that question, did you hit the power button, is your monitor/keyboard/mouse hooked into your computer. It is always a good idea to ask those easy questions first and eliminate those before trying to find a harder problem that might not be there.
                            About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Reminds me of that call-center joke where they went through a large number of things to see if they could get the computer working, and it ended up that it wouldn't work because there was a black-out.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                              X