Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is it that you need for a custom avatar these days? Is the time-since-registration thing still in effect, or is it just the 500 posts thingy?
    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by Dalgetti
      btw, what do you think about my avatar? is it a nice job? don't mention the meaning , the avatar itself.
      I like the avatar and the meaning.

Actually you have blocked out all the stars on the aussie flag, so its not as recognisable. Maybe you should alter some of the flames so everyone can see which flag you are burning.
      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Just the posts, or I'd have my own by now.
        Talent Optional

Comment

Cali: I wanted it to look like the flag is already partially burnt. note that the holes are exactly where the stars should be.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Clear Skies
            What is it that you need for a custom avatar these days? Is the time-since-registration thing still in effect, or is it just the 500 posts thingy?
            500 posts.

how do you get the background not to show up? i have an image but it has a grey background i dont want.

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
              If you zoom in on it you will see more than one shade of blue..
              That's just the antialiasing at work... your 'pure' blue gets deformed when you downsize it (giving more shades at the edges), because it gives the optical illusion that it is more round. If you want to recreate that, you should make the picture at a higher resolution, and downsize it with antialiasing selected. That should do it.

If you really want different shades, you should take bigger rings, it is not possible to have this in just a few pixel wide rings.

DeepO

Comment

And as this is my 500th post, I'll give this thread the premiere on my avatar
                I've got a whole bunch of them ready, but this one seems to be the best one to start with. If you don't like it, just give a yell

Now I can finally go looking for the place to upload mine...

DeepO
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

My avatar is just 15 minutes old, and already he grew an Afro

Thanks Zopper, but I hope you don't mind I'll keep the original for a while

DeepO

Comment

can someone take out the background here?

(try to put a fro on that)
                        Attached Files

Comment

maybe there should be an annual afro-day when everyone is forced to put afros on their avatars! or maybe this is just one of those "great ideas" you get at two in the morning.
                          Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

-Homer Simpson

Comment

TKG, do you have a large pic of that laying around? When you'd do it on the small version, some parts will still remain there. I'll give it a try to show you what I mean... in a minute

DeepO

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

DeepO

[edit: Do'h... I attached the original again!]

Comment

Working...
                                X