Markos: Subscribed Threads?Over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Markos: Subscribed Threads?Over

[Edit]Whoops, looks like my message leaked into my title. Guess I still need to get used to these laptop keys [/Edit]

Over at the official Europa Universalis II forum, they have it so that any thread you've posted in is listed as a 'subscribed thread' in the User Control Panel. Would it be possible to impliment this here? I think that it would just be really useful if I could see if anyone new posted in any of my 'favorite' threads so I don't have to go hunt them down.

I know there's something you can set in the options menu, but IIRC it sends you an email every time someone replies... once when I had that one I had 40 new emails.

40? You're a lucky guy. Once I could not check my mailbox for three or four days and I got 180 (!) new emails. Then I turned that devilish thing off.

As for your request, I think that in the control panel you can click on "View All Subscribed Threads" (or something like that) and you get a nice view of all the threads you subscribed in.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

40 was just one thread though. I ended up getting another 80 from it.

There's a "Use Email Notification by Default" setting (that's the one that gives dozens/hundreds of emails...), but no "View All Subscribed Threads" option.

I looked over at the EU2 forum, and I have that email notification setting turned on, but it doesn't send me emails... (but the threads are listed)...

P.S. Don't turn on email notification if you like to frequent the OT forum... your account will get shut down, a week maximum, trust me.

Comment

perhaps you have non-valid e-mail address in your profile?
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

That's either an invitation for everyone to put a false address in their profile here, or Markos completely missing the point.

Neither of which are typical MarkG behaviour
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Nope, the exact same email address that I have here, with the 'email notification' option set on. The threads are listed, but I don't get any emails (thankfully). Is there any way you can let us shut that thing off? I like the subscribed threads and all, but I already have 250 email messages, another 50 per day would be rough on my hotmail account.

Comment

Trip: are you sure you don't have a "View Subscribed Threads" option in your control panel main page?

Here's what is in mine:
              Attached Files
              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Yeah, but his point is that when you subscribe to a thread it sends you an email anytime someone posts a reply to that thread.

Comment

Currently you have to subscribe to a thread to see it listed there anyways though... and that means you get emails by the truckload, which I don't need. If you 'subscribe' to a thread, it automatically shows up there, in my experience at least.

Comment

Working...
                  X