What's up with Apolyton's server!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with Apolyton's server!?

In the last couple days it often takes ages to load a page and more often than not after waiting minutes I get this msg:

"The server is too busy at the moment or the maximum number of guests have been exceeded. Please try again in a few minutes. "

What's wrong? I understand what the msg says but shouldn't something be done against it?

So long...
    Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
    Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
    Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Warning: Too many connections in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Too many connections in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

My guess is the database is slowing down the whole thing during peak times. It was slow for me around this time yesterday too.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

But when is peak time?

I mean I logged on at before 8 in morning! (German time) and still if there are so many users a solution must be found!

So long...
      Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
      Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
      Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

The Apolyton peak time is 24 hours per day. Minus the time it's off-line... (which isn't that often)
        I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Not much problems here.
          Now and then I get the 'too busy' warning. But then I try again 5 minutes later, and things are working fine again.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Hey, Pioneer, you live in Wupertal Germany?
            I knew a girl from Wupertal 7 years ago! Any change you know her?

Comment

This is the message I got a few minutes ago!

"Warning: in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience."

I am wondering is it just me? If I press the refresh buttons a couple times I get in too but....

CyberShy, changes are that the girl knows me since I am ...ehemm... soooo popular!

Comment

This is the message I got a few minutes ago!

"Warning: in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience."

I am wondering is it just me? If I press the refresh buttons a couple times I get in too but....

CyberShy, changes are that the girl knows me since I am ...ehemm... soooo popular!

PS: I am trying to post this and I keep getting this message:

We apologise for any inconvenience"

"

Comment

ok, you're right. I couldn't get on the site as well.
                  But hey, now it's 15 minutes later, and things work fine

Just don't be such an addict! You can live without poly for 15 minutes, can't you?

Her name is Nicole. She's a blonde, must 25 by now.
                  Oh, and she has a sister named stefany, age 23 something. Does that ring a bell, mr. popular?
                  How many people live in Wuppertal?

Comment

There's actually peek times, aaglo. In GMT time the statistics show that the amount of visitors has been smallest at around 2-5 AM GMT. And most when evening is USA. Those are just my observations.
                    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Rasbelin; I think that the peak is in your takapuoli

Okay, in another thread Sacagious Dolomite posted a 'graphical presentation' of posting frequency in this site...
                      I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                        ok, you're right. I couldn't get on the site as well.
                        But hey, now it's 15 minutes later, and things work fine

Just don't be such an addict! You can live without poly for 15 minutes, can't you?

Her name is Nicole. She's a blonde, must 25 by now.
                        Oh, and she has a sister named stefany, age 23 something. Does that ring a bell, mr. popular?
                        How many people live in Wuppertal?
                        Sure I can live without Poly for a 15 min or even longer I am just worried that these might be signs of an " imminent danger" to Poly's computer/server.

There is still no official (i.e. mod) answer to this?! I guess it might not anything to worry about then!

CyberShy, Wuppertal is about 400k big and I don't thing I know the girls or the other way around!

Comment

400k, ok, that's more than I expected
                          I guess you won't know them in that case

Comment

Time to start using Oracle .
                            This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Time to start using Lotus Domino

Comment

Working...
                              X