No announcement yet.

Posts per hour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the server capacity like at the moment, whats the most number of posts it can handle in a given time period.

*secretly openly plots to get everyone on Poly to post at the exact same time to test*
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yes, get everyone to post at the same time! Probably if we do, some other forum on the other side of the virtual world will crash or something like that. It's chaos theory, or something.

And I do post less on weekends because there's more on TV and things to do during the day. I often spend time between lectures trolling . . . oops, I mean posting . . . on Apolyton.
      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

In the last couple weeks I did have some problems going into the Forums, it kept telling me that there are too many users! Has anybody else notice this? It was actually no problem since I after a couple tries I got a place in Apolyton too!
        Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
        Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
        Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Yup, happens a lot. Always when you've written a long and intelligent post and try to post it. Doh!
          Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

-Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by The Pioneer
            In the last couple weeks I did have some problems going into the Forums, it kept telling me that there are too many users! Has anybody else notice this?
            Yeah, I've noticed that too. But after refreshing 1 or two times it usually works again..
            In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
            In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

I've been getting that this afternoon.
              What?

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
                *secretly openly plots to get everyone on Poly to post at the exact same time to test*
                or you could just have all members constantly posting, trying to overload the server (and the mods patience and time )

Comment

I think we need an award for the highest post rate per minute spent on poly.
                  "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
                  "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
                  - Pekka

Comment

judging by who's posted last in 90% of the threads in the community forum, i'd say that you win

Comment

I live to serve.
                      "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
                      "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
                      - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by MattyBoy
                        I live to serve.
                        At a .79 posts per day rate, I doubt you would win. Ming has over 11 posts a day but he has been here since the beginning. Got to imagine that there is someone here a shorter time with more posts. Probably AH would have more except for countless PCRs. But there is little chance that you have the most posts per hour.
                        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Mao has about 10ppd still- once he was at about 20
                          Mao could have had more posts, but he slacked off after Aug 2000
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
                            hi ,

, maybe we should look at it over a whole year , ....

have a nice day
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                            X