FUADEC 3 August Amsterdam -Calling all Dutch Apolytoners!-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FUADEC 3 August Amsterdam -Calling all Dutch Apolytoners!-

Well , the final preparations for FUADEC are now underway and I thought it would be a good opportunity for the Dutch Civ fans to drop by for a visit and check out Freeciv. We have plans for a few quick presentations and discussions about Freeciv in general. There's also a network set up so you can also join in for a quick game of Teamciv (special version of Freeciv which allows proper teamplay).

So, has anyone got plans for the weekend?

P.S
    Zopper, are you still around?
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Drekkus is on his Holidays IIRC
    (+1)

Comment

Next Saturday? Sorry, I can't come. Maybe if you should come up with this a couple of weeks earlier?

And why should there be some special ocassion for a meeting? Last time it was going to be the HCC-beurs

Why don't we make plans for a Saturday somewhere in September? I know I would like to meet some of my fellow countryman here. (And Zopski, don't forget that gal that you know and that posted a couple of times here )
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

Well, Saturday is no good for me neither, but we definately need to organize a proper Dutch Apolytoner Meeting some time (I'm talking about one where more than 3 people show up )...

And I agree, it should not be at a special occassion...
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Yes, I'm still very much around Cap

However, I'll have to disappoint you this time, I have to work on Saturday :\

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
            Well, Saturday is no good for me neither, but we definately need to organize a proper Dutch Apolytoner Meeting some time (I'm talking about one where more than 3 people show up )
            Hey, there were four of us back then

BTW: Saturday is a bad day for me, since I always work on Saturday.
            I am free in August, starting the 4th, perhaps we can organize something then.

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
              Yes, I'm still very much around Cap

However, I'll have to disappoint you this time, I have to work on Saturday :\

The conference lasts from 15:00 till 20:00 in the evening, Zopper
              Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Comment

What's the 'FUADEC' and why are we talking in english?
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CapTVK
                  The conference lasts from 15:00 till 20:00 in the evening, Zopper
                  I work from 1500 till 2300 in the evening

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                    What's the 'FUADEC' and why are we talking in english?
                    FUADEC stands for Freeciv User And Developers European Conference. It's an official meeting for Freeciv developers from Europe. There have been a couple of newspost about it on the apolyton news posts if I recall.

Comment

Working...
                    X