I think we should revisit the ban on posting PM's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Alexanders Horse and Black Dragon and Ron Jeremy

I also propose that people be able to block other people from sending them Private Messages. (Much like email-spam blocking)
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud

I also propose that people be able to block other people from sending them Private Messages. (Much like email-spam blocking)
      Good idea. I also agree with Horsie. Is there a blue moon or something?
      (+1)

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud

Having them on your "Ignore" list will achieve that.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I think that posting PMs should stay private. After all that is why someone sent you a PM instead of posting it on the forums.

However, in the case of PM abuses the mods should take appropriate but hard positions and punish accordingly. Bullying through PM (although I wonder who and how someone could ever bully AH ) should result in a much greater punishment than one on the normal forums. After all, people on the forums can see the inappropriate response and lose respect for the person that they cannot through PMs. So keep the ban but make the punishment much more severe so that no one will commit these PM crimes.
          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Re: I think we should revisit the ban on posting PM's

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
            Finally, by law in most western countries, if someone sends you a communication you have the right to do what you want with it. I believe this is constitutional right in the United States.
            I don't think that is true. There are many instances where you are not allowed to pass on details of a communication. (Not that this is one of them mind.)
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Is it possible to remove someone's PM priviledges? I know you can be banned form the forums and still PM Mods, but could be banned form PMing and still post in the forums.

I was only thinking about this for members who make a habit of sending inappropriate PMs. Course, maybe they shouldn't be members.

Comment

One vote to Ghengis' suggestion!
                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Probably more effort than its worth...
                  (+1)

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                    Course, maybe they shouldn't be members.
                    That's how I see it
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I suspect those opposed to posting the bullying Pms are probably those sending them
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

You must have sent something awfully bad to be harping like this.
                        *runs to check his inbox*
                        Life and death is a grave matter;
                        all things pass quickly away.
                        Each of you must be completely alert;
                        never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

*sheesh* AH you complain about everything...even when some of them are valid
                          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Jeremy
                            My stance is as follows.

Send me a threatening PM and I will post it. My resulting ban will be entirely worth it.
                            That is my view exactly

I will expose anyone who sends me a threatening PM and hang the consequences - though there shouldn't be any, which is my point.

I have always taken this view.
                            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                              I will expose anyone who sends me a threatening PM and hang the consequences - though there shouldn't be any, which is my point.
                              Gee... and if you sent it to a mod instead, the only person that would be banned is the person that sent the threat... but what the heck, if you want to get banned too... go ahead...
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well you would expose the person who threatened, wouldn't you? So why not let the victim just post the message themselves?

Whatever you do, I hope if you don't let the people post their threatening PMs, I hope you post exactly what you are banning them for publicly and post the PM so as to expose the bullies.
                                "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Working...
                                X