Bug in embeded url?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug in embeded url?

When I click on the embeded url in a post I get an error message. It appears that there is a prefix: "http ://apolyton.net/go.php?"
    added to the intended url. Could this be checked please? I'm using IE5.

I think you are referring to the redirect function, which is not a bug... I think there's some way to get past it but I don't know it and if any of you post it here Markos is going to get very, very angry.

Edit: Oh, [yoda]misunderstood you a bit I think I did. With Opera no problems I have.[/yoda]
    Last edited by Kassiopeia; July 27, 2002, 22:52.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Yes, it's a programmed PHP function. I assume it has something to do with link visit counting, but I'm not sure. Perhaps, Markoolio (my new nickname for Markos ) could reveal us that.

The same stupid (IMO) PHP programmed feature is also used for message attachments, and that causes a problem when using Mozilla and saving an attachment file from Poly, Mozilla saves the file as (example) game.lan.php, so after downloading the file, you still have to rename it. The problem is only triggered when using files with extensions not known by Windows or the browser. Perhaps not important, but annoying for Mozilla users.
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Would he really?

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
        I think there's some way to get past it but I don't know it and if any of you post it here Markos is going to get very, very angry.
        You could try embeding it with html instead of the vB code...
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

it's not a bug it's a feature

i always wanted to say this
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
            Yes, it's a programmed PHP function. I assume it has something to do with link visit counting, but I'm not sure. Perhaps, Markoolio (my new nickname for Markos ) could reveal us that.
            So from that I saw it will redrirect you to a thanks for Poly visiting page and a pop up and finally to the linked page. Don't know if it includes a counter function, I think not but if yes then it would be nice to be able to get to know the number of hits.

Originally posted by Rasbelin
            The same stupid (IMO) PHP programmed feature is also used for message attachments, and that causes a problem when using Mozilla and saving an attachment file from Poly, Mozilla saves the file as (example) game.lan.php, so after downloading the file, you still have to rename it. The problem is only triggered when using files with extensions not known by Windows or the browser. Perhaps not important, but annoying for Mozilla users.
            Yes the attachments here the page still needs some improve concerning the Netscape6/Mozilla compartibility. Netscape 6.2 suggests to save all the attachments as attachment.php, that's stupid, but you can rename the file before downloading, just use as download option all file types instead of *.php, and give the file a different name and the correct extension. Actual this method isn't much better then your alternative, but can be used, too. (Until Marcos fixed this)
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

That link access counter feature would be nice, if the members could access that information. And perhaps Markoolio could have some interest for the data gathered.

Small bugs are a part of Poly, but of course it would be nice to use the forums as smooth with Mozilla/Netscape as with IE.
              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

i havent added a counter on the go.php script. yet.

i believe on mozilla you get file.zip.php
                i'm not using netscape 6 but if it gives you attachment.php i strongly suggest that you get mozilla

eitherway i dont believe the problem starts from the go.php script
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                X