Finnish Apolytoner meeting - official thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finnish Apolytoner meeting - official thread

This is a follow up to the Apolyton Finnmeet, August thread in the OT forum.

Moved the discussion over to the Community forum as it would get more exposure here and it's a bit more official here.

So what's this all about?

Stefu officially suggested in OT a meeting of Finnish Apolytoners (I suppose Apolytoners from other countries are also welcome, but I'm not sure ) would have a small one day meeting in Helsinki around 5-9th August 2002. He listed in his post that at least 3 plus him had earlier this year showed interest for a meeting like this.

Anything achieved this far in the OT discussion?

At least a second handful of Finns have been interested to participate, but nothing else worth to mention was debated. Except where it should be, and some idea of Pekka (i.e. plenty of free alcohol, strippers and topless bartender ). This far I've suggested Suomenlinna (Sveaborg) as the location for a possible meeting, but no one else has said anything else, except aaglo who was in favour of that.

Edit Fixed a typo.
    Last edited by Rasbelin; July 25, 2002, 10:10.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Yes, I was in favour of Suomenlinna, but others were close to against it, because "it could start raining"... Boo-hoo. What wimps
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Hmmm... let's combine those sissies and Suomenlinna.
      The Finnish submarine Saukko is still open for visitors in August, so let's have a meeting indoors aboard Saukko.
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo
        Yes, I was in favour of Suomenlinna, but others were close to against it, because "it could start raining"... Boo-hoo. What wimps
        As I said, rain I can handle, I'm more afraid it'll be what most people would say "good" weather.
        "In some of its more lunatic aspects, political correctness is merely ridiculous. But in the thinking behind it, there is something more sinister which is shown by the fact that already there are certain areas and topics where freedom of speech, in the sense of the right to open and frank discussion, is being gradually but significantly eroded." -- Judge Neil Denison

Comment

Why do we have to have some fancy-pants location? Doesn't a regular bar/cafe (depending on the ability of the younger crowd to get forced ID) suffice?
          "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
          "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Fine for me, but then we need a bunch of fake ID's.

Comment

OT notification...

Ming closed the thread in OT just as I asked him to do, so the discussion will for now on only continue here.

Comment

It's a sad thing if Kristalli posts here. Then she'll no-longer has post count zero...

Well, okay, any cafe/bar suits me fine... I'm not so eager to go to viapori/sveaborg/suomenlinna. Perhaps somewhere close to Esplanadin puisto?
                I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

So now we need proper suggestions on where in Helsinki the meeting should take place?

The only real suggestion this far is Suomenlinna, because those who were in favour of a pub or cafe didn't say any specifics.

Some facts that should be notified when planning the meating are the following facts:

1. Minors. We can't go to a pub/bar that has an age limit of 18/21.

2. Financies. We aren't that stinking rich. If we would be, then it would be quite easy to decide; the restaurant at Hotel Kämp.

2. Force majoure and weather. We'll have to agree on one secondary place due to those things are quite unpredictable.

Comment

Why don't we just go to Linnanmäki then, have nice safe ice creams, give warm handshakes, have nametags and lacoste t-shirts. The funny part will be when Tuoremehu fumbles with his ice cream and his shirt is dirty. We can all go to the rollercoaster, and I hope it fails and kills us all.

What ever happened to the booze and strippers?!
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Booze and strippers it is then.
                      "In some of its more lunatic aspects, political correctness is merely ridiculous. But in the thinking behind it, there is something more sinister which is shown by the fact that already there are certain areas and topics where freedom of speech, in the sense of the right to open and frank discussion, is being gradually but significantly eroded." -- Judge Neil Denison

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo
                        It's a sad thing if Kristalli posts here. Then she'll no-longer has post count zero...
                        Really sad indeed....

I have a math exam on 8th of August, so...
                        And I'm going to Helsinki on 9th day. But seeing you guys?
                        "Miksi ostaa koko lehmä, kun maitoa saa tölkeissä." - Birger Grönholm, fysiikanopettajani lukiossa

"Why buy a whole cow, when milk comes in jars." - Birger Grönholm, my physics teacher at 11th grade

Comment

Why is this thread in English?
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
                            Why is this thread in English?
                            so you can increase your post count asking that

well I'm in, if not in Lappland that time.

I like pekka's idea, both of them
                            and I've been on those "visits to suomenlinna" this year quite many times, so.....
                            My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

But I have not! NEVER!!
                              "Miksi ostaa koko lehmä, kun maitoa saa tölkeissä." - Birger Grönholm, fysiikanopettajani lukiossa

"Why buy a whole cow, when milk comes in jars." - Birger Grönholm, my physics teacher at 11th grade

Comment

Working...
                              X