X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary Forum Message

Forum Message
    The server is too busy at the moment or the maximum number of guests have been exceeded. Please try again in a few minutes.
    Does this mean the 'poly curse has returned?
    (+1)

I get this every now and then. It is more active right now at least in part to the patch.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

What does in part to the patch mean?
      (+1)

Comment

The new Civ3 patch.
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Ah, that probably explains the extra server load.
          (+1)

Comment

I wonder if Mark ever feels sad about things like this?

Hopefully not. Didn't hurt me at SidGames.

Comment

stupid good for nothing civ3... wasting our precious preciuos time
              I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

I think it happens with over 350-450 guests. At least taht's when IT happens to me.
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

If you see that message, just try again anywhere from 30 seconds to a few minutes. It simply means at that particular second that you sent your connection request the forum database had reached its peak and was denying your request at that instant so as to not overload.

In that regard, it could be fine but a few seconds later or before... no reason to panic, but appreciate your bringing it to our attention.

----------
                  Dan; Apolyton CS
                  PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                  >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

By guest does that mean guest or members or just anyone accessing the site?
                    Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
                    Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
                    "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

It differs on which page.

If it's on the forums main, then it's everyone accessing.

If it's on the main apoly page, It's everyone in the forums (including members)

-Thanks dan
                      -->Visit CGN!
                      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse Didn't hurt me at SidGames.
                        Are you Kunal Shah?
                        (+1)

Comment

No, Will Moeller. I'm the guy who created the Alpha Centauri Nexus, which at the height of SMAC popularity recieved more traffic than Apolyton's FBAC.

I have spoken to Kunal on the phone though. He is busy with his girl friend now or something.

Comment

Something?

Thanks for the quick reply.
                            (+1)

Comment

Well the report about his gf is months old.

Comment

Working...
                              X