X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"//make sure nobody's rioting or starting cults or sodomizing goats "

Comment

You can attach SLIC files to posts.

I know CtP2 was rushed, but rushed to the point of not removing stupid comments from one of the more readable files? That's what, a 5 minute job, max.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Ya CTP2 was rushed. Bigtime. Its still one of the better Civ games out there. Craptivision doesnt get credit for this. But the Modders here at ACS do.

I wont buy EA games anymore.

Comment

"int_t ******"

Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Could we get rid of those quotes from those CtP 2 files? They get old quickly.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Geeez, it's not like I put much comments in my code most of the time, but when I do, it mostly makes more sence

I remember when I was young (yesterday) and I was programming cool games in QBasic, I didn't completely understood the use of labels, thus I named all labels after my family members.

Friends who saw the labels didn't understood what they meant, and laughed their asses off
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                Could we get rid of those quotes from those CtP 2 files? They get old quickly.
                There old like this one:

Pirates plunder Rome! Production halted, Food Stolen. Citizens demand BARRACKS.
                -- Civilization Advisor
                Next time you ask to remove the ones by Mark Twain. And then the next ones, until we have no quotes again. So the answer is No.

-Martin
                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

First of all, most of us cannot relate to those silly quotes. Secondly, for those who can, they can always read them by opening those files and have a whale of a time by themselves.

Get rid of them.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                    First of all, most of us cannot relate to those silly quotes. Secondly, for those who can, they can always read them by opening those files and have a whale of a time by themselves.

Get rid of them.
                    Eh, theyre occasionally funny, who cares about relating?

//oh, baby, show me your workaround face
                    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

First of all, most of us cannot relate to those silly quotes
                      Most of use can't relate to most of the quotes. The fortune cookie is huge, and most of it is tripe. A few more silly unrelatable-to quotes won't hurt.
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                      X