Poll voting troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll voting troubles

This isn't happening to me, but many people in the civ3 demo game ahve been reporting the following problem:

Posted by UnOrthOdOx:
    Anyone else getting the error

"Your seesion is invalid" while trying to vote?

I've tried loading up my isp again with no change...
    any ideas?
    Forum Message
    The action you have attempted could not be performed as your session appears to be invalid. Click the below link to attempt this action again with a new session.
    Try this action again!
    Posted by skywlaker:
    I can't vote. It says that my session is invalid.
    Someone please help me!
    Posted by Jonny (in response to skywalker):
    I've been getting the same message too, for several days now. And no matter how much you try again, it keeps appearing.
    Anyone else have the same problem? Anyone know how to fix it?

Hmm, sounds like we need a test poll to see if this is indeed the case!

Comment

MrWhereItsAt:
      I have had this several times the last few weeks. EXACTLY the problems you mention, UnOrthO.
      I posted in a Sn00py started thread in Community (can't be bothered finding it ) and was advised by Dan to try again over 24 hours, and if there was a problem still, report it and all my settings.
      It worked for some polls, but not others, and the problem has since disappeared without action from me.

Comment

maybe markos is displeased with the civ3 demo game, its not happening anywhere else

Comment

just voted in 6-7 civ3 demo election threads with not problems

btw, somebody should tell the goverment to sent me an update about the elections to put in the news
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
            btw, somebody should tell the goverment to sent me an update about the elections to put in the news
            from the way i hear it, the political parties are putting out the news themselves by mass pm'ing everyone involved in the game

Comment

Markos,

Did you see my post in the other thread on this, otherwise here's an excerpt, I think it kind of undermines the purpose of having polls if this is at all common:

I've experienced voting on a multiple choice poll in the OT - Where would you go to live? - for an option that nobody else had chosen at the time. The poll now appears as if I have voted, and also recognizes me as having voted, but the option I chose still has zero votes.

Comment

winston, that poll is not a multiple choice one

Comment

Doh!

Sorry for sounding the alarm then.

Still, I thought we used to get an error message if we checked multiple options on a regular poll? I didn't, it took me straight to the bar diagram.

Comment

it is impossible to check multiple options on a regular poll

Comment

Well, I checked three on this particular poll. No kidding. That's why I asumed it was multiple choice when the script didn't object.

Comment

Working...
                      X