Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Envelope icons in first column of Forums (is there a key for them?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Envelope icons in first column of Forums (is there a key for them?)

What do each of the little envelope icons mean? I'm talking about the red and yellow icons (some have locks, some have dots, etc) in the left-most column of the forum thread lists.

I looked through the FAQ, and the Apolyton/community threads, and didn't see any hint of where to look them up.

Thanks.
    Last edited by RedBird; July 9, 2002, 11:53.

Yellow: No new posts since your last visit;
    Red: New posts since your last visit;
    Dotted (yellow or red): You have posted in that particular thread;
    Lock: Thread is closed;
    Arrow: Go to newest post since last visit.

Comment

Or so it's supposed to be. In fact, many threads you have read will soon pop-up with red envelopes, again.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
        Yellow: No new posts since your last visit;
        Red: New posts since your last visit;
        Dotted (yellow or red): You have posted in that particular thread;
        Lock: Thread is closed;
        Arrow: Go to newest post since last visit.
        What about yellow with an "eyebrow"? That is, it has small lines radiating off of the top of the envelope. Also, I noticed that there are at least two different types of red envelopes. One has a single sheet sticking out of it, and the other has a few things sticking out (there may be others, but I just saw those two for now). Does this indicate one unread reply vs. several?

Thank you!

Comment

The envelopes suffering from radiation are supposedly "hot threads", (I think) it means they have at least a certain number replies in them.

The (dotted) envelopes with multiple sheets sticking out of them are "hot threads" with new replies in them.

I'm not sure if this is absolutely correct, Mark and/or Dan can give the exact explanation. My explanation comes from reading the names of the equivalent .gif-files of my own vBB-copy

Comment

Hot threads are threads with a certain number of replies (200?) OR a certain number of views, that's 500. Don't remember the reply count, though.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Scrolling to the bottom of a forum page sometimes reveals astonishing information

Comment

Sorry, wanted to attach a screenshot to the previous post, but somehow that didn't work.
                So this is my next try.
                Attached Files

Comment

Ah, but I don't have that information displayed since I'm using Ultra Light style

Comment

Ah, but I don't have that information displayed since I'm using Ultra Light style
                    Why? You're on Opera, aren't you? No need to tone everything down

Hey Lucilla, where are you from? (Fellow Dutch wants to know )
                    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                    And notifying the next of kin
                    Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
                      Hey Lucilla, where are you from? (Fellow Dutch wants to know )
                      Sorry, I'm no fellow Dutch, just a bloody foreigner living close to Amsterdam

Comment

Why? You're on Opera, aren't you? No need to tone everything down
                        Default Style's too crowded IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Lucilla
                          Sorry, I'm no fellow Dutch, just a bloody foreigner living close to Amsterdam
                          Don't worry, I'm a bloody foreigner turned Dutch living in Amsterdam

Comment

Don't worry, I'm a bloody foreigner turned Dutch living in Amsterdam
                            Hehe, as if we didn't know, with that haircut

Seriously, IIRC you come from Asia, right? Forgot where from exactly though...

Lucilla, where are you from? (If you don't mind my asking)
                            Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                            And notifying the next of kin
                            Once again...

Comment

Hehe, as if we didn't know, with that haircut

Seriously, IIRC you come from Asia, right? Forgot where from exactly though...
                              My mom and dad are originally from Singapore, but I was born here (in Amsterdam).

And don't mock the haircut!

Comment

Working...
                              X