Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumb Question: Light Bulb Next to User Name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Question: Light Bulb Next to User Name?

Okay, I searched this forum and the FAQs.

What does the light bulb next to one's user name indicate (while in a thread)? Yellow (on) = logged in to the forums? This is my only guess but no easy way to verify.

Thanks,

Catt

Yes, if the bulb is glowing, the member is currently logged in.

Comment

Yes. A dumb question
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I think if you hover the mouse over the icon, it tells you what it is. But I can't verify, as my style doesn't show them.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

It does. When I hover the cursor over the light bulb next to your name, it says "Skanky Burns is online now".
          Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Unless, of course, you toggle your options so you don't show up in the named list of currently active members. Then your lightbulb remains dark even if you're perusing 'Poly and you show up only as a guest.

Gatekeeper
            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President
              It does. When I hover the cursor over the light bulb next to your name, it says "Skanky Burns is online now".
              Funny when I do it , it says "Skanky Burns is offline"
              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

noe of you guys is logged on right now

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                  noe of you guys is logged on right now
                  I am now

BTW, I think that if you set yourself in "forum invisibility"-mode, your bulb won't glow at all, but I'm not sure on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey

Funny when I do it , it says "Skanky Burns is offline"
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Some people are stated as offline, despite obviously being online.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Unless, of course, you toggle your options so you don't show up in the named list of currently active members. Then your lightbulb remains dark even if you're perusing 'Poly and you show up only as a guest.
                        I hate those **** phantoms!
                        -
                        And some people, such as myself, still proclaim themselves as logged into the system, well over 30 minutes after logging off :???:
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
                          I think that's caused by the "forum-invisibility"-option; are those same people also not displayed in the "Who's Online?"-section on the main forum index?

Comment

Zopperoni:

Yep. If you toggle your settings just right, you never show up at 'Poly other than as a guest. I assume the mods would have the ability to peek beyond the "guest" veil, though, when needed.

Gatekeeper
                            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

Comment

Oh, and, DC?

BOO!!!!

Gatekeeper

Comment

Working...
                              X