chat room: theme nights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chat room: theme nights

Since the chatroom is empty most of the time, Except when the Lords decent from the heavens to amuse us mortals offcourse , i would like to make a suggestion!

Why not not have theme night/days where in we agree on a topic to be discussed. This could be done several days upfront and be subject to a vote.
    There could be a moderator (volunteer) to guide things along. Keep a eye on time/subject etc.
    Maybe certain questions could be decided in a thread and so on and so on.

Could this be of interest to anyone?
    What do you think : or
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Re: chat room: theme nights

Originally posted by alva848
    There could be a moderator (volunteer) to guide things along. Keep a eye on time/subject etc.
    Volunteering?
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Let's suggest topics !

Civ 3 vs. CTP 2---> Flamewar Material
      Some Current Event Discussions from the OT
      New features for Civ IV
      etc.

Good luck
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Markos tried to force me to do it once .

I prefer the GP way with the chatroom, leave it open, and just wait for more to come, as many come when it's not empty.

Now the chatroom is no longer new, most people have probably forgotten such a thing exists.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Well, I still think it's a good idea. But due to a lack of volunteers... (no, I'm not volunteering myself either, not on a regular basis anyway).

I think such theme nights or moderated chats or whatever should take place in the IRC chatroom, the Forum chatroom is perfect the way it is (with the 'GP way')... Even though it's no longer new, I still visit it occassionally, when I have nothing better to do and/or there are interesting people in it. And I'm far from the only one. The IRC room OTOH is always empty.
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
            Now the chatroom is no longer new, most people have probably forgotten such a thing exists.
            Chatroom, where?

I like to keep it open, although within 5 minutes the chatroom is swamped with Diplo games.
            I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

It's Democratic games .
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

...You never know Solver- perhaps one of the Diplomacy gamers crawled his way out of the Diplomacy/Stories section
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

hi ,

there are some small problems with the chatroom , ..

if they no longer exist , then there would be more people in , ....
                  and that would lead to more rooms , .....

have a nice day
                  - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                  - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                  WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                  X