Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-bay button

The search 'E-bay' button is new right?

because on my monitor it is to low compared to the other buttons.

Looks like this: -- -- -- __ ( the first standing for apolyton etc..)

Don't know if this is my fault, or supossed to. Still, it doesn't look 'right'
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

I can't find it.

COme to think of it, I can't find any ads .
    Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
    Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by Grrr
      I can't find it.

COme to think of it, I can't find any ads .
      It's not an ad

That's the third time or so you've posted that you don't see any ads, do you want Markos to gangbang you with ads now?

Comment

The eBay button is the stupidest thing I've ever seen a website do...

Really, if people want to search eBay, they're going to go to (gasp) www.ebay.com.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

indeed and why should ibm advertise on the web or tv and magazines for that matter? if someone needs information about ibm he can just go to (gasp) www.ibm.com
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Re: E-bay button

Originally posted by alva848
            The search 'E-bay' button is new right?

because on my monitor it is to low compared to the other buttons.
            your browser and screen resolution?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
              indeed and why should ibm advertise on the web or tv and magazines for that matter? if someone needs information about ibm he can just go to (gasp) www.ibm.com
              I'm not complaining about the ebay banner ads, Markos, just that you really think someone who wants to search ebay is going to do it in a little tiny form-field on top of Apolyton...
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Sorry Mark,
                Problem seems to have corrected itself. Don't know why though. I did try try to refresh the screen a couple off times with no result. It seems to be fine now
                Again sorry
                Still if you wanne know:

WINXP
                IE 6.00.2600.blahblabla
                RES: 1152 * 864 * 32
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

i guess at ebay are idiots for giving that option then....

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                    I'm not complaining about the ebay banner ads, Markos, just that you really think someone who wants to search ebay is going to do it in a little tiny form-field on top of Apolyton...
                    No, but I would assume ( ) that Apolyton gets some percentage of every click through buy from Ebay and so if I was looking for something on Ebay and wanted to support my favorite site, I just might use that small text box to make the search.
                    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
                      That's the third time or so you've posted that you don't see any ads, do you want Markos to gangbang you with ads now?
                      Err Yes Better than stupid placeholder thing.
                      Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                      Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

i guess at ebay are idiots for giving that option then....
                        No, they're not the idiots.
                        They get their brand name put out there so more and more people see it.

The idiots are the people who clutter their Civilization site forum indexes with an ebay search field.

No, but I would assume ( ) that Apolyton gets some percentage of every click through buy from Ebay and so if I was looking for something on Ebay and wanted to support my favorite site, I just might use that small text box to make the search.
                        A better idea would be for Marky to set up a PayPal thing so the people who wanted to support the site can do so without jumping through hoops.

Comment

yeah i'm an idiot for continuing to do this without forcing people to pay or donate....

Comment

yeah i'm an idiot for continuing to do this without forcing people to pay or donate....
                            could you people please start your own thread
                            to discuss this topic

Comment

Originally posted by alva848
                              Problem seems to have corrected itself.
                              no need to forgive you, i made some changes in the code

Comment

Working...
                              X