Apolyton, bookmarked by the Rich and famous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkCloud
    Since when does apolyton have a 'recognition' page???
    around three years now
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Nice to know our regular abuse of Sid for screwing up Civ III has not been in vain.

I wonder what the real Game God, Brian Reynolds, links are
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Uhh, nice CtP 2 credits page. Are we on the Civ 3 credits, too? At the very least, I demand they inculde us in PtW.

BTW, Markos, there's a way to find out what Sid's login here is. Take the email you received from him, find the originating IP, and do a search on that IP in the Panel. Don't be surprised about the results .
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

apolyton wasnt in the civ3 credits but was put in as the last city names for the Greeks

Comment

Yeah, I saw that city... I've actually built it twice, and conquered once. Such a shame it was a small almost worthless city, that I'd better raze, but I just couldn't .

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
              Uhh, nice CtP 2 credits page. Are we on the Civ 3 credits, too? At the very least, I demand they inculde us in PtW.
              Nope, 'fraid not. In fact, one of the reasons why I like CtP2 better than Civ3 is because my name is not in the credits of Civ3
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                Nice to know our regular abuse of Sid for screwing up Civ III has not been in vain.

I wonder what the real Game God, Brian Reynolds, links are
                fatbabes.com?
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I smell PCR! I should hit the negatives soon

markg: i small a ban next time
                  Last edited by MarkG; July 3, 2002, 09:14.
                  ...tried to sit in my lap while I was standing up. Marlowe
                  The revolution is not only televised, but 40% off. T.
                  You SCROOOOOOOED it up, Bobby Terry!! Walkin Dude

Comment

What was there?

Comment

Locutus, Wouter??

Anyways Dan and Markos, nice work
                      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                      And notifying the next of kin
                      Once again...

Comment

Yup, that's me

You might find it interesting to learn that there were as many as 3 (more or less) Dutch people on the A-team, Heuij Paul (yes, our own 'Champions League' Paul), me and Mark Cummings (aka Dutcheese), who is not actually Dutch himself but does live in the Netherlands and has a Dutch wife IIRC...
                        Last edited by Locutus; July 3, 2002, 18:04.

Comment

Creds are fine, but where's the cash?

Is the Creat Studio credit the same Alex guy who used to spend so much time making the Civ 2 scenarios? I can remember a long ass thread where he and another guy kept flaming each other over the city size of Gibraltar.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

maybe abit off-topic ,

say Mark, have you had more registrations over the last few days due to this??
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva848
                              say Mark, have you had more registrations over the last few days due to this??
                              hmmm have noticed a difference. it's probably because it's not that easy for people to click on url's on paper

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                                Creds are fine, but where's the cash?
                                Well, we all got a free copy of the game and the strategy guide (that's $50+ the man), and the Activisions did a great job in providing us with a truckload of columns, designer diaries, modification resources and other info and files (all Apolyton exclusives)...

Is the Creat Studio credit the same Alex guy who used to spend so much time making the Civ 2 scenarios?
                                Not as far as I know. Let me put it this way: if so, he didn't get the job through Apolyton The only Apolytoners in the credits are the A-team + Harlan + Markos & Dan.

Well, alva, we did have slightly more *visitors* from Great Britain than usual this month: 4.1% of the total, as opposed to the usual 2-3%. But since the month is only 3.5 days old that doesn't really have to mean anything...
                                (AFAIK Britain is the only place where one can buy the magazine - it can't be bought here in the Netherlands anyway and you can get a LOT of British/German/American PC/Games magazines here).

Comment

Working...
                                X