Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the deal with all those Happy Birthday threads in OT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the deal with all those Happy Birthday threads in OT?

Com'on people, one for all the birthday boys and girls is plenty.

Restrain yourself, would you?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Everyone likes to have his/her own birthday thread...
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Did PH have two?
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I have never gotten one

(sniff)

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

or me
          Up the Irons!
          Rogue CivIII FAQ!
          Odysseus and the March of Time
          I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Nonsense UR, unlose that backside.

They are prominent posters, and deserve a thread, I have started them in the past for my friends, and have had one for me (and one for my SO as well!)

I fully support Provost, Dis and Gianni havimg their moment.
            I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
            i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Everyone loves a birthday thread!

Since I don't freqent the OT- I wish all birthday boys and gals (if tehre be any ) happy birthday

Fez/Provost/Dissident all born on the same day? That's mildly disturbing
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                Fez/Provost/Dissident all born on the same day? That's mildly disturbing
                [english accent] it is indeed, dear[/english accent]

Comment

"Fez/Provost/Dissident all born on the same day? That's mildly disturbing "

or PH just has a lot of DL's and forgot to put in different birthdays for them

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                    or PH just has a lot of DL's and forgot to put in different birthdays for them

As long as the people mentioned are reasonably active posters, I have no problems with B-Day threads.

The fact that three people had B-Days on the same day is just chance.

If I see that it is starting to get abused, I'll just delete the ones that aren't appropriate
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If I see that it is starting to get abused, I'll just delete the ones that aren't appropriate

So thats where my birthday thread went!
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Re: What's the deal with all those Happy Birthday threads in OT?

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                        Com'on people, one for all the birthday boys and girls is plenty.

Restrain yourself, would you?
                        Somebody's jealous...
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

actually my birthday was one day earlier than PH's.

I'm older and wiser of course

yeah long as no one goes thru the birthday's list and makes a thread for everyone on there (including DL's and inactive posters), I don't see a problem.

Of course I'm just saying that because I got a birthday thread.

And I'm liking my Neverwinter Nights present.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
                            Nonsense UR, unlose that backside.

They are prominent posters, and deserve a thread, I have started them in the past for my friends, and have had one for me (and one for my SO as well!)

I fully support Provost, Dis and Gianni havimg their moment.
                            I usually don't care about these ego-stroking threads, but having three in the same day is a bit too many.

They can have their moment just as well in a thread titled "Happy Birthday Dissident, Provost Harrison, and Fez."
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Re: Re: What's the deal with all those Happy Birthday threads in OT?

Originally posted by Asher
                              Somebody's jealous...
                              I don't care about birthday threads. I spent my birthday having dinner with my family, then spent the rest of the night with my beautiful Sunshine Girl.

Comment

Working...
                              X