suggestion for thread viewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestion for thread viewing

For multipage threads, we currently see something like this on the forum view:

1,2,3,4...Last page.

I would rather see something closer to this:

1,2,3...17,18,Last page.

The reason is that I'm often checking out recent discussion on a long thread. But if I go to the last page...it will be too far and i'll have to click back to an earlier page. this is espeically true when the thread has just moved onto a new page.

Crap...please fix the title...

Comment

BTW, you can change the title yourself, if you do this within 5 minutes after you posted.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

i totally agree with GP, i often have already read the first 4 pages, and am only interested in the last couple of pages.
        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
        Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Yeah, I agree too. If the thread is a couple of posts to a new page, then I'll have to click to the second-last page.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I usually have to click multiple times

first on the last page

then I have to click back a few pages

I think it would in the end be a smuch work

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I agree
              Up the Irons!
              Rogue CivIII FAQ!
              Odysseus and the March of Time
              I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

A "Significant" idea Navy.
                I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Chris you've got your tongue out at me, practically 24-7. I'm not a lollypop.

Comment

Re: siggestion for thread viewing

Originally posted by GP
                    For multipage threads, we currently see something like this on the forum view:

1,2,3,4...Last page.

I would rather see something closer to this:

1,2,3...17,18,Last page.

The reason is that I'm often checking out recent discussion on a long thread. But if I go to the last page...it will be too far and i'll have to click back to an earlier page. this is espeically true when the thread has just moved onto a new page.
                    Hm... maybe branching threads would be a good idea?
                    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                    And notifying the next of kin
                    Once again...

Comment

Couldn't agree more... (no, not on the branching threads... )
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

In the days of olde, when the Coffee Shop reigned supreme, links to ALL of the pages of a thread would be on the list of topics. Perhaps we could bring this back...? (No, not the coffee shop )
                        oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                          Chris you've got your tongue out at me, practically 24-7. I'm not a lollypop.
                          Stop flirting Navy, it ain't couth.
                          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

I'm not. I just wonder why you always use that smiley. Or the bored one.

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                              Crap...please fix the title...
                              After leaving it up long enough... I've changed it now.

If I'm not mistaken, you can edit the thread title in the first few minutes if you notice a typo... just go into edit post.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X