Stupid question about profile Post stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid question about profile Post stats

but since i'm stupid i need now some help.

I just looked at a profile for a poster and to my supprice there was a new line Posts Stats.

What does the info on the line mean?
    My line is: A: 19 | D: 6 | M: 2 | HP: 43
    So what am I?

Is this something from Dungeons & Dragons or?
    How are the values calculated?

Didn't see the answer in FAQ, so have to ask it here

Actually, A/D/M stands for Attack/Defense/Movement.

Attack depends on your post count, and is a log function - the more attack you have, the more posts it will take to get to the next one.

Defense depends on how far are you from the average posts per day, that is, 5 posts per day. For instance, since I got over 5 posts a day, my Defense has the maximum factor of 99.

Hit Points is how far you need to go for the next Attack point. When you reach 100, your Attack increases, but HP goes to 0.

Movement, that's one I dunno yet. Markos, Ming?
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

lol, yeah, i was just checking my profile the other day as well, and got a bit of a shock and suprise by this line!! It's a cool touch, obviously relating each poster back to a civ unit in some way!

But an explanation would be welcome as to when this came in, why, and does it mean anything? (Do i get a free pizza when i hit 100 attack? )
      If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

It is here for a bit over a week now, and it came just to bring you guys some fun .

Oh, and you will have to get several dozen thousand posts for 100 attack, I think.

Comment

From the original thread:
          M shows (as before) how much you have posted in connection with how long you have been registered
          See MarkG's post on
          PHOENIXCAGER
          The Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

And the point of all this (apart from encouraging more spam) is?
            "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

And the point of all this (apart from encouraging more spam) is?

It might seem very surprising, but this site is supposed to bring you people fun.

Comment

Really? In that case, why hasn't anyone banned Wiglaf?

I just didn't see that that could be considered 'fun'. Sad as I am, I can't see myself keep checking my stats and going 'ooh wow, I gained a level!'

Ah well. Obviously I don't have the hardcore RPG gamer mentality
                "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Yes, you know, we're so upset about you not checking the profile each 10 minutes. I will immediately post in the staff room to see this boring and outrageous field removed .

Comment

Originally posted by Clear Skies
                    He gets restricted on a pretty regular basis...
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

its a nice touch... although i don't like having the hit points of a warrior
                      I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

Then spam. It will improve your hit points.

However spam too much and it will drop back down again. (PCR or level completion).
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

SD!

There was a 15-page thread in here active a few days ago about these new profile stats. If you're interested, hunt it down and read it.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Clear Skies
                            because watching wiglaf rant IS fun

Comment

is this going to show up next to our names aswell?
                              in the near future i mean( maybe as an experiment?
                              to encourage even more spam for example?
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                              X