today's slowdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• today's slowdown

after 27 days of uptime we had a 20 min slowdown/downtime.
    most of it was due to the fact that it's not easy to reboot the server when the load is sky rocketing...

the fact that this uptime lasted more than the previous one(21 days) is encouraging. today's stats hack does not seem to have anything to do with the problem...
    Last edited by MarkG; June 11, 2002, 19:37.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Thanks for the quick feedback
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

You are sure that log functions on every post didn't have anything to do with it?
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

that was one heck of a slow down, there were only 14 people on the forums at one point! great job getting back up so fast though. awesome work!

Comment

You made me have to work instead of posting.

Damn slowdowns.

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Why did the server need to be reset? Isn't it running some Linux type OS, rather than Windows?
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

so it only lasted for a bit??

I tried to get on a couple times and then went to do something else (play sid golf I think)

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I´d like to second HTowers " " Great work!

It forced me to do my dirty dishes instead...
                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                  Why did the server need to be reset? Isn't it running some Linux type OS, rather than Windows?
                  Perfect is an enemy of good. At least kernel and Apache upgrades will cause some downtime (to the web), no matter how good the OS is...
                  This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Great work, Mark

SG[1]
                    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
                    X