Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ignore list

does anyone use this?

Why would you want to ignore anyone? Trolls etc can be entertaining.

try not to be too predictable by saying "what? who posted a blank thread?"
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

I used it once, when I felt a certain someone was plain insufferable. But I think that it's better in the long run to expose yourself to whatever nonsense you prefer to avoid because you'll always be confronted with such stuff. Learning how to cover your eyes and plug your ears won't get you anywhere.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Good point Colon. I agree.
      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Who are you talking to Colon?
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

you can actually see that someone posted ,nye. that's not funny.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

My hamster enjoyed it.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I put myself on my ignore list once

Comment

Hey! That's cool.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

I am sometimes tempted,,,,,,,,,,,.... to ignore people,,,,,,,,,.... who seem to have certain keys...........,,,,,,,,,, on their keyboard ......,,,,,,,,..... stuck in position............,,,,,,,...... "Have a nce day". PEOPLE WHO SCREAM ALSO TEMPT ME TO USE THE IGNORE!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing worse than disjointing sentences and making posts look ugly.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Like our aquatic friend says....very annoying....kinda like....yeah whatever...trying soo hard to be....like...original.

Saves a lot of aggravation on my part.
                    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
                      I am sometimes tempted,,,,,,,,,,,.... to ignore people,,,,,,,,,.... who seem to have certain keys...........,,,,,,,,,, on their keyboard ......,,,,,,,,..... stuck in position............,,,,,,,...... "Have a nce day". PEOPLE WHO SCREAM ALSO TEMPT ME TO USE THE IGNORE!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing worse than disjointing sentences and making posts look ugly.
                      hi ,

what do you mean , ......exactly , .........

have a nice day
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Re: ignore list

Originally posted by Caligastia
                        does anyone use this?

Why would you want to ignore anyone? Trolls etc can be entertaining.

try not to be too predictable by saying "what? who posted a blank thread?"
                        I put that 1337-punk on ignore. His posts made my eyes bleed.

To put anyone on ignore, they have to have nothing whatsoever to contribute to the conversation. Not many fit this description though, even trolls are entertaining at times...
                        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

It's great. I once had no fewer than 9 names on my "ignore" list. Now it's only two.

The only criteria to get on it is to be "boring and tedious background noise".

Personally, I'd love to see a "blah" list, where all the word's in that person's posts get replaced with "blah's". The posts of a few old windbags would be much improved.
                          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

KittyHorse made me his first "ignore".

Comment

Hey, I'm going to put panag on ignore. I've never used ignore before. But I know that I'll enjoy the forums better this way.

Comment

Working...
                              X