This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coracle's impact on Poly's culture...

As a direct result of Coracle's recent banning certain choirboys made up a thread in the Apolyton Community forum to gloat. Jeff Morris of Firaxis showed up and took a swing at Coracle and myself as well.

This PR goof lead to a live chat in which Firaxis noted that they would consider eliminating or altering the "vanishing troops" part of culture flippin as a PTW feature.

I want to personally thank Coracle for his efforts to raise community awareness of this problem. Man, your culture rocks!

But, sadly, I have to inform you that you must retract your criticisms of Soren. It was revealed in chat that Briggs himself came up with the braindead cultural scenario. I should have known it.

So, Coracle, when you come back I expect you to follow my example.

<jt stands on soapbox with head bowed>Soren, I apologize.

Now, to the point of this thread. If you would like a feature in PTW that would "turn off" the inane "vanishing troops" when a city flips please post here in support.

Mark, this may seem like a PTW subject, but it is not really. Please leave it here for a bit.

I may vote in support of that motion but OTOH I don't know how my wallet will vote yet. That seems to be the important one .

But seriously, No matter what the events leading up to the chat tonight, it was a good thing all in all. I'm sure the Firaxis boys didn't like to do damage control, but kudos to them for trying.

Upon reflection, I suppose allowing the culture flip to be turned off as an option since it is an added featre to the game is a no-brainer and should be endorsed.

Og
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I don't want to make coracle feel better. I like the forum dynamic when we have angry people out there, shouting their frustration at the mods...

Comment

Well, I would have responded to this thread, but I'm just too hurt after being called a "choirboy."

So what's better, jt? Being a Coracle "fanboy," or a Firaxis "fanboy"?
        Lime roots and treachery!
        "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

BTW, jt, where do you get your info? I just asked Mike and Dan, and they said they hadn't heard anyhting about altering culture... Mike says he likes it the way he is. So... which Firaxian gave you your data?
          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Yeah it's always the guys who get banned and could easily be replaced by a java-script bot that get results. Here's to mindless 12 year olds with a dial up! *****-uber alles!
            MOHonor - PJP

"Better ingredients make a better pizza" - Papa John

Comment

Ah, cyclo, Mike wasn't in the room at the time. Jeff and Dan were and they didn't make any promise. One of them, not 100% sure which, said that they might consider it as a feature for PTW. I was specifically asking for the elimination of vanishing units. If Dan said he didn't know anything about it, well, must have been Jeff. But I thought it was Dan.

Anyway cyclo, I tire of this constant fighting, I propose blood truce.

Comment

Whatever, jt. But it's awfully hard to keep a truce when the other side keeps indirectly insulting you. I really don't care about insulting those who don't like culture flipping... it's a valid point of view. I'll stop replying like this when I stop being insulted because of what my opinions are. It's your call.

Comment

have you guys considered moving your flame wars to the OT? those of us who don't visit the civ3 areas would probably enjoy watching you two fight it out.

as for coracle's impact on poly culture... i'd say about nil.

Comment

Re: Coracle's impact on Poly's culture...

Originally posted by jimmytrick
                    This PR goof lead to a live chat in which Firaxis noted that they would consider eliminating or altering the "vanishing troops" part of culture flippin as a PTW feature.
                    3/10 jimmy

by your "logic", i'm closing this thread only because you said i would. you know, the world does not turn around you and coracle...

better luck next time
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                    X