Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

page tweak requests for Markos....(and Dan!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• page tweak requests for Markos....(and Dan!)

Mark, I spend an unGodly amount of time on these forums (that's another issue). But given that, I'd like to be able to navigate around smoothly. I'm also on a laptop computer. So I don't get full size page display. In general, this is not a problem, but in a few cases it is. However, if you make a couple changes (that won't hurt anybody else) the problems will be solved. BTW: I'm probably not the only laptop user here.

Specific things to fix:

-move the "forum jump button" about 1" to the left. (could justify it with the text from posters block above, instead of the reply block below. (As it is now, I have to shuttle back and forth with the horizontal scaler every time I want to switch from reading to forum jumping.) OR...just left justify it. I like the way it is left justified opn the private messages page...

-On the "reply to post page" move the whole text block 1" to the left.

I think this stuff was fine before...but gradually as you've made changes to the pages (adding smiley block, etc.) it's gotten to be a problem.
    Last edited by TCO; June 5, 2002, 17:11.

whats your browser and screen resolution?
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Well...I'm 36, I can't have the text be too tensy tiny.

I'm at 800 by 600, with "display large fonts" enabled under the"advanced tab"

Not sure about browser resolution. I'm using IE. And under the View/text size command, I have smallest toggled.

Comment

which style do you use?

after some tweaking in the code, on 800x600 with mozilla and lormal fonts i dont have a horizontal scroll bar

Comment

Thanks! Your tweaking fixed the problem I had which caused a horizontal scroll bar in IE on 800x600 (The too-far-right "Go (New)" button)

Comment

default style.

Markos...I'm on a laptop...

Comment

so, do you still have horizontall scrollbars on threads?

Comment

yes. No changes.

Comment

is it possible to post a screenshot?

Comment

sure...how? I know that I use the prtscrn thingie...but than what?

Comment

paste into an image editor (paintshop pro, imaging, etc) and save it as a jpg. then attach it here

Comment

I don't think I have any of those. Is there one that is common on MS windows or Office? I have PowerPoint. And Adobe acrobat reader

Comment

dont have office installed right now

you definately have paint(in the accessories submenu of the start menu), so paste it there, save it as a bmp, zip it up (you do have winzip, dont you? ) to reduce it's size and attach it

Comment

here you go.

let me now if I did all the techie stuff right.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Oh, fyi. I'm ok when I'm looking at the overall forum. Just when I look at a specific thread that I have a problem...

Comment

Working...
                              X