No announcement yet.

Forum subscription

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or only one email per day which includes all the subcribed threads with a reply in it.
    that would be even better But it would be a fairly long email but who cares, it would cut down on the amount of emails

Obviously I don't read the more popular forums... In the CTP ones its usually only two or three threads per day.
    True. When you go into the non CTP-AC sections there are usually about 5-15 threads started a day at the very least.
    In the OT it's around 30-50 I would assume
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
      that would be even better But it would be a fairly long email but who cares, it would cut down on the amount of emails
      Am I the only one who doesn't mind these e-mails? If they only sent one per day I couldn't wander away from my computer and then know to come back whenever I get a new e-mail to read the reply.

True. When you go into the non CTP-AC sections there are usually about 5-15 threads started a day at the very least.
      In the OT it's around 30-50 I would assume
      Always steered clear of OT (well - posted one thread there once for a good reason ages ago). I spend far too much time on Apolyton as it is...

Originally posted by Lucilla
      I tried that, but what it does is not subscribe me to the thread so that it also won't show up on the control panel...
      - This time it was me that misread the question. Sorry...

Comment

Am I the only one who doesn't mind these e-mails? If they only sent one per day I couldn't wander away from my computer and then know to come back whenever I get a new e-mail to read the reply.
        But it's faster just to check the forum..
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

sending a mail to everyone subscribed to the forum every time a thread is started would generate tons of mails

we're looking at other ideas though
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

....Such as sending one email a day or, to please J Bytheway, only sending an email once a day if there is a new thread OR sending 2 emails a day, one at 00:00 GMT and the other at 12:00 GMT... Perhaps adjustable?
            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Well, from the response here some people wouldn't want any mails, so it should be something distinct from forum subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway
                Well, from the response here some people wouldn't want any mails, so it should be something distinct from forum subscription.
                Exactly, getting mails from from a thread is one option (you could set to default if you like), and showing the threads, you participated in / subscribed to in your control panal would be a second option.
                This way everybody could choose whatever is most convinient.

Comment

Incidentally, for those who want to subscribe without getting e-mails (at least while this is impossible) have you thought of using a mail filter to remove the notification mails?

Comment

Yes, I already move them automatically to the trash folder. If I use a spam guard that would remove all messages from Markos, including the newsletter, and that I want to keep. (At least that's how yahoo works)
                    I still get notified when I get a new mail, although it's in the trash folder already, and that can be pretty annoying. The only advantage at the moment is, that I don't have to delete them manually.

Comment

Working...
                    X