No announcement yet.

Letter dropped quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uhmm Markos, we need more classic jokes then .

How about excerpts from chat with Firaxis?
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

i'd rather have yin bashing firaxis jokes

Comment

should be fixed
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

hould be fixed

Good to hear.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Most of them are, and I@m willing to believe all of them are - just as soon as someone explains this one to me:

mophobia, n.:
            Fear of being verbally abused by a Mississippian.
            The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
            Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
            All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
            "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

This is what happens when Dan updates the boards...

Comment

To who ever keeps up with the quotes, please explain to me the instance when the French captured Detroit in 1880.

"In 1880 the French captured Detroit and gave it back. They couldn't get parts"

Or am I just not getting a joke.
                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Detroit is a big car manufacturing city, yes? Presumably, the joke is that after the French captured it, they could no longer get spare parts for their vehicles. it's not hugely funny, really.
                  The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                  Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                  All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                  "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Originally posted by Chowlett
                    Detroit is a big car manufacturing city, yes? Presumably, the joke is that after the French captured it, they could no longer get spare parts for their vehicles. it's not hugely funny, really.
                    I understand the manufacturing bit, but what im confused about is the date. There were no French in North America in 1880. Unless you count the Cajuns and Quebec. I guess they meant 1780 but that still doesnt make sense.
                    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Working...
                    X