Great CIV QUOTES Wanted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great CIV QUOTES Wanted!

please post your favorite civ2-3/smac/ctp1-2 related quote in the following format to have it added in our thank-you-for-posting screens

Code:
    After a time, you may find that "having" is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as "wanting." It is not logical, but it is often true. 
                -- Spock, "Amok Time", stardate 3372.7
    %
    the % is necessary. do not use " and always have the "owner" of the quote in a new line

i'm pretty sure we have some similar threads in this forum or it's archive. if someone can track them down and post the quotes in the above format, it would be great
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Does anyone rember the Scientist's quote that our science is so great that... or so bad that...
    If you do- I think It would be a good quote for the page loading screens
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

We are the most enlightened nation in the world! I salute you!

"Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

or perhaps you mean "even the cobblestoned streets possess more knowledge than we do, sire. Build more science improvements!"

or something along those lines? (i forget the exact quote)
        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Case Closed
          --Ming. Every day of the year since ???

Comment

What goes up - better doggone well stay up!
            -- Morgan Gravitonics, company slogan
            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

the %! dont forget the %!!

Comment

You can just add it yourself .

Spice melange is worms! WORMS!!!
                -- LightEning
                %
                It ain't over 'till the fat lady sinks.
                -- The Inquisition (LightEning)
                %

( these might not be Civ quotes, but these are Apolytoner quotes, which is even better!)
                Last edited by Ari Rahikkala; May 22, 2002, 07:59.
                This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

the less work i have to do, the faster they will be included

no " please, and i think it would be better to use quotes of people a bit more known than yourself

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                    no " please
                    Would \" or &quote; work?
                    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

it's not that it wouldnt work but that i dont want them to appear

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                        no " please, and i think it would be better to use quotes of people a bit more known than yourself
                        But... other people wouldn't have posted those quotes, and then they wouldn't have been able to enrich anyone's life. Now at least I will get some publicity (with very, very good luck, of course...).
                        This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

"I have leadership abilities of a small cantaloupe"
                          - Stefu
                          "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                          "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

any quote that doesnt follow the format explained in the first post will NOT be included

Comment

Mine do, now...

Comment

Working...
                              X