FoA: Ask DarkCloud!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FoA: Ask DarkCloud!

Time for your questions to DarkCloud, the one to be interviewed for the #11 installement of FoA interviews.

Please go on!
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

You are well-known for your staggering collections of lists and statistics regarding Apolyton. What would you say you have learned or gained from this?
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

What particular list would you personally like to find yourself at number 1 in?

Comment

Would you agree that what the internet most needs is a 5-year moratorium on all names starting with "Dark"? There's millions of you buggers.

Comment

Would you agree that what the internet most needs is a 5-year moratorium on all names starting with "Dark"? There's millions of you buggers.
          I love this question! Solver please include it

Thanks for all the questions so far Bugs- and for the interview Solver
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

DarkCloud, I'll *force* you to release a new version of the Book .

Comment

DarkCloud, I'll *force* you to release a new version of the Book
              Oh no!

-
              PS: Your PM box is filled- therefore I cannot send you that private message.

so- I'll just post it here

Solver wrote on 19-05-2002 19:00:
              Hi DarkCloud,

I would need information on your location, namely timezone, I'd like to know if it is possible for us to meet in IRC or on ICQ for the FoA interview, at least part of it.
              I can't operate on ICQ.
              Possibly IRC... I have mirc.

Personally, I would rather do a straight interview rather than a realtime one... I sort of prefer to see long written out answers to questions.

Anyways, I'm going to see if I can translate all my interview into Spanish for fun- that way I may be able to speak better on the Spanish-Civ II section of the site

As for when I'm on... lets see: I can be on GMT from anywhere from 17-03 on the weekends... and during the week from 24-03 GMT... although at my place of work on Mon, Tue, Wed I could get on around 17 if you <i>really</i> needed me to... although getting on then is not guaranteed.

Although I'm usuallly only on for 30-45 minutes a day.
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

DarkCloud, cleaned the darn inbox, no hope of leaving the limit still , see me reply there.

Comment

Lists. Why?
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

DC, are you just obsessive compulsive or is there a touch of schizophrenia along with it?

And why do you keep forgetting me?
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Why? Dark? Cloud? Of? All?

All he did was making a fool of himself with hundreds of silly error-overcharged lists.

I deserve to be interviewed more.

Comment

Echtelion: people with obsessions are always more interesting.

And while I'm sure you're a worthy contestant, what the flying fritz do you expect the poor guy to come up with in terms of questions? "So, is East Germany really so bad as the rap has it?"
                        "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                        "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

hey Andy, trolls don't get interviewed. And your posts lacks a lot of tact
                          "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

How did you get started in compiling massive lists of information?

How do you manage to complete these massive lists without going insane or getting bored half-way through?

Could you give us a quick list of the lists you've done so far?

What's the wierdest thing that you've discovered in your archiving career?

That's all I can wrack up from my tired and disgruntled brain at this unearthly hour. See if I can get any mroe tomorrow (Victoria Day! Yay!)
                            *grumbles about work*

Comment

I agree with him on this occasion.

No offense, but DarkCloud? There are more deserving choices out there.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X