Moderated Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderated Forums

Some forums (seem to) have a moderator specifically assigned to them; for instance, the Civ3-General page says "Moderated by: Ming" near the top. Others, like AC-General/Help/Strategy, do not have such a label. How is it decided which forums will be assigned moderators?
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

according to the needs

beyond that, forums that dont have a specified moderator still have two: me and dan
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Any need for more moderators?

It would be a good way to prevent me from further trolling. On second hand, no, I like trolling too much...

Comment

So, the forums that have a specified moderator have more, what's the best way to express it, activity that requires moderation?
        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

"misbehavior"

Comment

Yep, those forums are spam-magnets.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

AFAIK at least Ming (probably also MtG, maybe Mleo) actually have administrator status, which means that they are technically moderators of all forums... Though the actual reason why they're administrators is just that they won't have to PM MarkosQ just for giving those week long bans that are essential for what we call "moderation". (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think moderators can't ban)
              This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

And then there's people like me who unofficialy 'moderate' forums... I read everything in all CtP forums and ask Ming to take action where needed (but fortunately closing threads and banning people are a rarity, it's mostly topping/untopping/moving/renaming)...
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

They don't trust you eh Locutus?
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Apparently not... and rightly so
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

They don't trust me either. The number of times I've offered them my experience and skill as third admin, but they've spat my hospitality back in my face every time...

Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

well there was that one episode that made you a emperor again even though you had been deity, that comes to mind as a reason for the rejection

Comment

If it makes you feel better Rich, I'd spit your hospitality back in your face too.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                          X