We need branching threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need branching threads

I haven't seen a post supporting branching threads recently. so here we go.

It will make Apolyton look so much prettier

discuss
    Yes
    12.20%
    No
    85.37%
    I want banana threads
    2.44%

You're no fun...if there were branching threads, how would we threadjack?

Besides, the way people post here it's easier to just scroll down the page reading, and not have to click on any links.

That is a site that needs branching threads, and a damn good one too.

Comment

They'll never bring back branching threads.

Comment

Branching threads suck.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

We need branching threads

...like a hole in the head.
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Doesn't a hole in the head lead to more oxygen to the brain or something.

Aparrantely some people drill a hole in their skull to get 'natural' highs.

Comment

Branching threads work...

... when a forum has < 20 posters
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I hate branching threads. You can't just sit down, scroll and read, you got to click on all those links all the time... hate them .
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Branching threads lead to better discussion. Good thoughts are saved longer.

Comment

I'd rather see a threadjack than a good discussion any day.

Comment

Bannana threds? I once had a very fine Filippino shirt made of bannana tree fibers.
                      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by MattHiggs
                        Doesn't a hole in the head lead to more oxygen to the brain or something.

Aparrantely some people drill a hole in their skull to get 'natural' highs.
                        Yeah, but what if you are washing your hair and you get shampoo in there? That can't be good
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Dissident is a DL of GP? Or the other way around?
                          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                          And notifying the next of kin
                          Once again...

Comment

How do you propose branching threads?

Will I have to click a ton of links?

Or will everything be on the page, only threaded?

Give more details. Or point us to a site that you believe does a good job with it that would be comparable to how Apolyton would use it.
                            About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                              Branching threads lead to better discussion. Good thoughts are saved longer.
                              ...They are also impossible to read for gaining any understanding whatsoever of any topic whatsoever. It takes HOURS to browse a branching thread forum for any pertinent or relevant issue... and if a topic is popular, the forum just goes out of hand with its branches.

Dissident is a DL of GP? Or the other way around?
                              GP's like Mao and EVC- mass DL... Restricted when the ten of them need to go to a Sci-Fi Convention for a couple of months or something of that sort.
                              -->Visit CGN!
                              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                              X