Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does everyone think of the new server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does everyone think of the new server?

Apolyton switched to a new server recently. No longer hosted on GameStats, the new server's name is SETTLER.

What do you think of the server so far? Is it fast? Reliable? Secure? Is it too early to say?

Vote! And post your thoughts here.
    IT RULEZ!!!
    53.66%
    IT SUCKS!!!
    0.00%
    It's good and bad.
    4.88%
    Not much different than GameStats.
    7.32%
    It's too early to say.
    12.20%
    New server? Since when?
    4.88%
    Huh? What's a server? Translation: I'm a computer dummy! :lol:
    2.44%
    Banana
    14.63%
    Last edited by Mr. Nice Guy; April 23, 2002, 19:39.
    HAVE A DAY.
    <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
    "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
    For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

I think he has a nice smile.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
      I think he has a nice smile.
      Who is he?
      HAVE A DAY.
      <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
      "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
      For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

Huge improvement - now it's actually possible to use the forums
        --
        Editing EU2? Get the Exhaustive Bible of Event Scripting, Scenario Editing Guide and more...
        Hacking HoI? Visit Havards HoI Hacking Haven!

Comment

Attachments and stuff no longer take 1000 minutes to load.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

CowboyNeal
            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

It seems good. Hopefully it'll be more reliable than the greek server...

Comment

Seems to be a much better service now.

Now hopefully it can stay up longer than its previous averages...
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                  CowboyNeal
                  This aint Slashdot, we use "Banana" here.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

<U>Note</U>: Apolyton CS hosting timeline:

<I>July 26, 1998 -> January 3rd, 2002</I>: GameStats News Network (Burlington, Ontario, Canada)
                    <I>January 4th, 2002 -> April 20th, 2002</I>: University of Aristotle: School of Engineering (Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece)
                    <I>April 21st, 2002 -> Present</I>: RackShack (Houston, Texas, United States of America)

-----------------
                    Dan; Apolyton CS
                    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

CowboyNealBananaMan!

you really should rename the server "Banana"...

anyway, all i can say is i don't have to wait for the forums to zip through markos' outhouse/router
                      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Clearly the new server has worked the last couple of days (part of the reason I have returned). We will see if it stays that effective over the long term.
                        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

The transition was well handled. Look at all the problems we had when we switched servers WITHIN Gamestats!!

Comment

The new server has been excellent so far - good job Dan and Mark
                            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

The links are reliable so far, cool beans.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X