Welcome to the SETTLER, the new home of Apolyton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the SETTLER, the new home of Apolyton

The people of the Apolyton Civilization Site are happy to announce the move to a new server. <P>After 3.5 years in the GameStats Network, Apolyton is now hosted on <I>Settler</i>, it's own decidated server, serving 100% the needs of Apolytoners around the world(and being payed 100% thanks to your support!). The Settler is located in Texas, USA and is powered by Pentium 4 running Linux<P>Some technical issues:<BR>1) DNS changes should reach your isp's dns server in the next 48 hours. Until then, you can use this address http://64.246.32.51/~admin1/forums/ to access the forums<BR>2) Subdomains for hosted sites will be working in the few days. The same goes for staff members' and hosted site owners' mail accounts and files access<BR>3) The commercial side of Apolyton(ads(including pop-ups on downloads pages), store, regular firaxis payments ) will return.<BR>4) File attachments in the forums should now work for all browsers<BR>5) Until the dns change reaches you, links like the news menus which use apolyton.net url's will send you to the old server so you might not the most latest version of the page<P>A new era begins today on Apolyton. With your support, thanks to which we are here today, we hope that it will be the longest one by far.
    Last edited by MarkG; April 21, 2002, 07:57.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Can't wait. (And it's quite strange to be 1 of 3 (!) members that are online.)
    "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

thanks Mark, the temporary forum was fun while it lasted.
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

SPA... No I better not...

Good job Mark.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Yikes. This sucker is fast... I liiiiikee it.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
            Yikes. This sucker is fast... I liiiiikee it.
            No real change for me but I always found it fast anyway.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Only one thing... The Edit and Quote buttons are funky.

[Edit] They still work though. [/Edit]
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

I've never been on when there were so few users, but I've never seen it go zoooom, instant from forum to forum.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

Everything works, AFAIK. It's only that I had to type my password 5 times before it got accepted... maybe hands are shaking too much when drunk?
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Wow. Faster than ever.
                    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

lucky I remembered my password

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Eli, either it's fast, or it's my new connection. No wait, it was damn slow on cable two days ago, so thanks Markos. Finally I can switch to the informative non-Light style.

Comment

See it... Edit and quote and IP looks weird.

Comment

No way. It's fast. Massive knarly threads with much graphics load BOOM. Way fast.

As Mark said 'full anoucement shortly'. I just wanna know how he stuck Poly on my local computer without asking...
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

LOL, nye. The announcement will come soon.

Yeah, threads load damn fast now. I'm back on the default style, and, with cable, pages load in no more than 2-3 seconds.

Edit: the edit button fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X