This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Count?

This may be the wrong forum, and I don't mean this a an excuse just to raise my post count, but:

Shouldn't spamming just for the post count be a higher % of PCR? What I mean is, I have around 200 posts, if I could manage to do about 30 post of spam just to increase my post count, and I was caught doing it. My PCR would be 10% or 23 posts. Sure, that is a lot of posts just to gain 7, but there is also a chance I wouldn't be caught if I could couch my spam with some meaningless point.

If this gets a PCR, then I guess I deserve it, just curious.
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Take Provost Harrison's example, for instance. He lost over 1000 posts with the PCR he got, making him lose the Deity status. And over 1000 posts are a lot!

So the more PC you have, in case of a penalty, the more PCR you get!
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

That's what I mean, if I spammed my way to 500, What would a 10% PCR hurt when I only have 200 right now?

Comment

The more spam, the greater the percentage.
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I see, I just read the FAQ and it says 10% PCR

Comment

If you start seriously spamming then you get serious PCR or even loose your post count altogether, (you're stuck on 0).
            Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
            Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Okay thanks, I am not going to respond anymore until a mod says something.......otherwise this will look like a spam thread.

Comment

Of course, as far as I can see, there isn't a mod online right now.

Comment

Some people spammed from 0 to 100 in a few days, and when the mods noticed, they gave them a 100% PCR. Its all relative.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

the numbers mentioned in the faq are not set in stone

pcr numbers will vary according to each occassion
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

When it seems there isn't a mod online, there often are. They don't all have their names shown on the currently active users list.
                      Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                      Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                        Some people spammed from 0 to 100 in a few days, and when the mods noticed, they gave them a 100% PCR. Its all relative.
                        And some people did it and got away with it.
                        Those were the days...
                        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

We all have a PCR when we post on OT.

If the mods were serious about doing away with spam they would get rid of post counts all together and abolish the ru8le that says ypu need 500 posts for a custom avatar. That woulkd do more to get rid of spam than anything else IMHO.
                          (+1)

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot
                            Take Provost Harrison's example, for instance. He lost over 1000 posts with the PCR he got, making him lose the Deity status. And over 1000 posts are a lot!

So the more PC you have, in case of a penalty, the more PCR you get!
                            Well this brings us to the point now where post counts are completely meaningless, ask anyone in the higher levels of post count and they can't see a point to them with the PCRs and the posts not counting in the OT. They should do away with them, no post counts whatsoever.
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I agree
                              (+1)

Comment

Working...
                              X