No announcement yet.

Access Report 18-19/april

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News archives are located at <A HREF="http://apolyton.net/news" TARGET="_new">apolyton.net/news</A>. From here there is a 'Search' link that will take you to the news search function.

To clarify, GP, no we are not considering option #4 you suggested. We previously took it under advisement when you first brought it to our attention some time ago, but quickly dismissed it as not being a viable option.

----------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Do you guys realize that, because you were down last night, I actually had to do WORK at my job?

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Actual Locutus gave us only the first of two new items concerning gamestats shutdown: Here are both ones. And you have really read them carefully to interpret the "sudden shutdown of gamestats" as permanent and final.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Markos, I know the history, but this one is pain in the butt. I know the server is in your University, so would you please stop kicking it with your boot every day? I guess it might help.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I'm curious how much bandwidth 'Poly needs to survive. I'm sure its a lot. We should be grateful to our temporary hosts - even if the internet in Greece is apparantly off-line half the time
            (+1)

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
              Do you guys realize that, because you were down last night, I actually had to do WORK at my job?

The trick is, my friend, to have several such interests, so that when one server is down, you can start reading/posting to one of the others.

I find that this way, I can fill nearly all of my working hours, even if one of the sites suffers a temporary outage.

Occasionally, of course, I do actually have to do some work, but I try not to make this a mojor priority until it is absolutely necessary (i.e. until the deadlines have gone by by more than a month).

Comment

If I had another forum to visit, I wouldn't have any time of day left
                Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
                  News archives are located at <A HREF="http://apolyton.net/news" TARGET="_new">apolyton.net/news</A>. From here there is a 'Search' link that will take you to the news search function.

To clarify, GP, no we are not considering option #4 you suggested. We previously took it under advisement when you first brought it to our attention some time ago, but quickly dismissed it as not being a viable option.

----------------
                  Dan; Apolyton CS
                  So you did consider a bloody burnt sacrafice of Spink and YYYH! Juicy!!

Comment

BTW, I did look at those news items and they were definitive in explaining the Gamestas situation. I take back my criticism of that.

(Sorry was incomminicado during feb while skiing.)

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel Dda

The trick is, my friend, to have several such interests, so that when one server is down, you can start reading/posting to one of the others.

I find that this way, I can fill nearly all of my working hours, even if one of the sites suffers a temporary outage.

Occasionally, of course, I do actually have to do some work, but I try not to make this a mojor priority until it is absolutely necessary (i.e. until the deadlines have gone by by more than a month).
                      I tried, but ican't read e-mail from work, so I could register on sites, which I did, but I couldn't confirm registration until I got home.

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

That is nasty Tuberski. Make sure you can get your email from anywhere.

Comment

And don't forget you can now register with Hotmail accounts.
                          (+1)

Comment

Stuff Hotmail. Fastmail offers way better service!

Why did they allow registering with hotmail accounts though? Wouldn't that lead to a total DL spree.

Comment

Working...
                            X