Access Report 14-15/april

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access Report 14-15/april

Power failure problems in the building where our server is, along with bigger power problems in the entire area forced our site to come to terms with reality that servers do not run without electricity.<P>Power was restored a few minutes ago. Access may be problematic in the first hours as the server tries to get in touch with the rest of the world and learn about all the stuff it missed the last 30 hours(Pam Anderson geting engaged with Kid Rock and other crucial stuff like this).<p>We are SORRY for the problem, be certain that when we take over the world such things wont be happening. THANK you for the understanding.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Things happen. Everytime poly is down I realize how much during a day I visit here.

Come to think of it, we had power failures here as well.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

our server reminded me that i'd like to point out that our uptime was close to 40 days and that the last time it went down it was also due to a power failure(a ups does a exist but not big enough to last for 30 hours )

Comment

Good excuse
        Well glad to have you back up again.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Re: Access Report 14-15/april

Originally posted by MarkG
          We are SORRY for the problem, be certain that when we take over the world such things wont be happening
          http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

You would think with something as important to world peace as this site they would supply a back power scource.
            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

What's the matter with the utilities in Greece? Can't they get their acts together? Sheesh, world domination interrupted by such mundane mistakes
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

This means I was one of the first users to check in after it was back. (I checked at the page from school at about 11.30 AM GMT (the end of my lunch) and it was back up, but no newsitem posted, and nothing in this forum about it being down.)
                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

we want to be just like california

Comment

I was out in California where I hear they have it all:
                    Riots, fires, mudslides, they got sushi in the malls
                    Water bars, brontosaurs, Chinese modern lust
                    Shake and bake life with a quake--the secret's in the crust!

-Jimmy Buffett, Fruitcakes
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Everytime there's a downtime here I realize how much time I spend here and how much this place keeps me from being bored out of my mind...

Comment

Hey Markos, you got a sense of humor lately, I feel .

If you want, I cant travel to Hellas and spin the wheels while the electricity is down... should I order my ticket already?
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

D*mn.

I figured it was either goats getting at cables or the Turks being mischievous. Had a pool going too.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

If you're going to peddle smac (sic), then make sure you keep the supply coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                              Hey Markos, you got a sense of humor lately, I feel .

If you want, I cant travel to Hellas and spin the wheels while the electricity is down... should I order my ticket already?
                              Markos's supply of gerbils ran out...

Comment

Working...
                              X